AFL Canada's grant program is designed to encourage the growth and development of Australian Rules Football in Canada. Any member of AFL Canada may apply for a grant to assist in the general development of Australian Football and for the general development of Australian Rules Football in thier region.
AFLC grant applications must be submitted to:
AFL Canada Vice-President
AFL Canada has two grant classifications:
1. General Grants
Please complete the below application form, and attach any further relevant information or supporting documentation.
The General Grant program schedule is as follows:
- Grant program opens at the close of AGM
- Grant applications will be accepted until the last Friday of March
- All grant applications will be assessed by AFL Canada's grant committee and awarded during May AFLC Board meeting
- If remaining budget, grant program will reopen and grant applications will be accepted until the last Friday in August
- All grant applications will be assessed and awarded during October AFLC Board meeting
2. New Club Grants
Current or prospective registered leagues or teams may apply for a grant to assist in the start-up of a new Australian Rules Football club. The applicant must demonstrate ongoing intent to develop Australian Rules football in that region.
Applications for New Club / Team Grants shall utilize the following form:
All New Club grant applications will be reviewed by the AFL Canada grant committee and a decision communicated to the applicant within 30 days of receipt of all requested information.
AFLC grant history
|Year||Type||Category||$ Requested||Status||$ Approved|
|2017||New Club||Year 1 of New Club Grant||$1000||Pending|
|2016||New Club||Year 3 of New Club Grant||$500||Approved||$500|
|2015||New Club||League Development||Approved||$1000|