Important Dates -
We are holding a ‘Meet the Coaches’ day on Sunday 15th of March at the Epsom Huntly reserve. This is an opportunity to meet your child’s coach, along with their team members. You will also have time to ask any questions you might have.
We will be having two sessions on the 15th:
U6 & U7 teams – 4pm
U8, U9, U10 teams – 5pm
Anita, our club’s treasurer, will be in attendance for those that need to pay their fees or discuss options of a payment plan. You will be able to pay in cash or by cheque only on this day.
Another important role within teams is that of the ‘Team Manager’. The Team Manager’s role may include;
- Working with the coach to ensure all team members are up to date on info pertaining to the club/ games etc
- Drawing up a ‘fruit’ or ‘washing’ roster for playing tops
- Ensuring only registered players take the pitch
- Being in charge of your teams tub (which includes a first aid kit, playing tops, ball, contact details etc) and needs to be taken to training and games
- May include writing certificates at games (to be discussed with coach)
- Emailing 2 /3 names to the Bendigo Advertiser each week to be included in their junior sports section
If you are interested in helping your team in this way, please speak to your coach about it on the 15th
We have had a great response to kids wanting to play soccer this year, and registrations have been pouring in! This has caused some delays in letting everyone know their teams and we thank you for your patience. All players will be sent an email with your child’s team name and coach.
I am really looking forward to the coming season and meeting with many of you on Sunday, 15th March.
(Junior Coordinator U6-U10)