Code of Conduct
St Peters FC players, parents and supporters are required to abide by the SMJFL Code of Conduct
Parents and Supporters
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
- Encourage participation, but don’t force it.
- Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
- Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
- Do not use ugly remarks based on race, religion, cultural background, gender, sexuality, appearance, disability or football ability – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal.
By registering their child with the SMJFL parents agree to abide by these principles, and support their Member Club in its undertakings and authorise their Member Club to take any necessary disciplinary actions including the suspension and banning where warranted of any players, parents and or spectators for repeated or serious breaches of these Codes of Conduct
- Play by the rules – the rules of your club and the laws of the game.
- Never argue with an umpire or other official – without these people, you can’t play football.
- Control your temper - verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games.
- Be a team player – It’s a team game, treat it that way.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated – fairly.
- Co-operate with your coach, the umpires and team-mates.
- Play for your own enjoyment & to improve your skills.
- Do not use ugly remarks based on race, religion, cultural background, gender, sexuality, appearance, disability or football ability – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal