Welcome to the Carindale Cougars Junior AFL Club
Carindale Cougars now have confirmation on stage 3 requirements to return to playing games
Now that we are almost at the end of the season there is just a one more event to go.
- It will be an outdoor event held in 2 parts:
- Under 9s - 11s will be there 1:30pm - 3pm
- Under 6s (Superstars) and 8s will be there 2:30pm - 4pm
- Event timing to run as follows:
- Section 1 (1.30pm-2:30pm): trophies for u9, u10, u11 Girls & u11 Boys. ONLY u9-11 families to attend this session. This will include 75 & 100 Game milestone presentations.
- Section 2 (2.30pm-3pm): AGM* . ALL families to attend please. U9-11 families to leave at the conclusion of the AGM.
- Section 3 (3pm-4pm): trophies for Superstars and u8.ONLY u6-8 families of these teams to attend to attend.
- * COMMITTEE ROLES 2021 - the 2021 Committee will be voted in during the AGM, so please contact Jeff (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in joining next year. Whilst a number of positions are already filled, there are still some we need volunteers for, in particular Treasurer, Secretary and Canteen Co-ordinator.
- IMPORTANT NOTES - due to COVID restrictions, we are unable to have any jumping castle, Kids vs Parents game or Sausage Sizzle like we usually would do. All teams are encouraged to arrange their own End of Season break ups and this is up to each team to work out what is best.
In line with stage 3 protocols there are certain guidelines that we have to conform to so as to provide a safe environment for all parties. We are in an outdoor environment which means that we must maintain social distancing etiquette of 1.5m and avoid physical contact. There is also a requirement for everyone who attends that day to provide contact details which the club will hold for 56 days at which point they will be destroyed. There will also be some delineation of the entry and exit points to minimise contact.
We hope you are as excited as we are about getting back to playing games and know that if everyone follows these fairly simple guidelines we can see the players play some great footy
The Cougars have teams for girls and boys from 'Superstars' (Under 6) then the 'Footy4fun' program goes from Under 8.5 to to Under 11.5,
plus an Under 11.5 GIRLS team.
The Carindale Cougars Junior Australian Football Club respectfully acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which we are based – the Yuggera (Jagera) and Turrbal people and pay respect to elders past, present and emerging. Carindale Cougars commend AFL Queensland on the development of their Reconciliation Action Plan and support the implementation of the associated programs and initiatives.
Carindale Cougars are committed to reconciliation and encourage any member who identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander who would like to be involved in acknowledgements and welcome ceremonies to please let the Committee know.
At the Cougars, we welcome boys and girls of all abilities and experience to have fun playing footy.
Our focus is on player enjoyment and skill development while respecting our team mates, fellow players, coaches, and umpires.
Massive Thanks to Tim Howard from Decking solutions
Tim has very generously donated a Sherrin Precision Ball to each of our U8 - U11 players to keep their skills up whilst in lockdown
As we are a not for profit club, the Cougars depend upon help from our families, friends and supporters to provide a quality service to all our players.
For more information about the Carindale Cougars, please contact our President,
Jeff Dowsett 0424 382 295 email@example.com