My name is Anthony Parry
I have been the Active After School Care Co-ordinator
with Bundaberg Basketball Inc. and Bundaberg Celtics since 2006.
During this time i have coached at:
- Yandaran State Primary School
- Oakwood State Primary School
- Avondale State Primary School
- Burnett Heads State Primary School
- St Patrick's Catholic Primary School
- St Luke's Anglican Primary School
- Eastside Little Learners
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School
- Bullyard State Primary School
- Bundaberg Christian College
- Avoca State Primary School
During this time i have coached thousands of children in the Bundaberg area and have conducted programs in various sports including;
- Touch Football
I am the current head coach for the Bundaberg Celtics for the following programs;
- Future Superstars League
- Indigenous Future Superstars League
- Superstar Academy
- Summer Holiday Basketball Program
- Melbourne Hotel Celtics
I love the Active After School Care program because it gives primary school children an opportunity to play games and acquire healthy eating practices right at their school.
Thankyou to all participants who i have worked with and look forward to seeing you all again.more -->
Player Name: Candice Blogg
Years playing Basketball;
Approximately 17 years, with a fair amount of time out for injuries. I coached in these times to keep my self involved.
Not playing at the moment due to a reoccurring knee injury which I had surgery on earlier in the year. But I was playing QABL for Bundaberg Bears and A grade for All Stars. When I return to playing will play for Celtics if we can gather together an A grade women’s team.
· Played junior representative Basketball in Melbourne Victoria from U/12 – U/20.
· Represented Victoria from U/12 – U -18
· Played senior representative Basketball for the Southern Peninsula Sharks from the age of 15 up until I moved to Queensland four years ago, in CVIBL, ABA
· Played for Bundaberg Bears
· Enjoyed playing junior domestic basketball all through juniors and seniors.
· Coached U/12 girls for 3 years when I was 15/16
· Coached U/18 & 20 boys representative teams for four years in Victoria when I was 18-22
· Coach U/16 & 18 Bundaberg junior girls in 2007
Aspirations or goals for basketball;
To be able to play a good season of representative basketball without any knee injuries and with a team that work well together and play as a team.
Just finished my teaching degree so I am hoping that teaching would be up there on that list J.
Why you joined the Celtics;
Because their main focus is on the juniors to bring them up to represent for future playing.
Most admired sports people;
Most admired people;
My children and my family.
Most admired basketball players;
The girls I played my junior years and senior years with at the Southern Peninsula Sharks they are fantastic!
I have to many to think of
All sorts of music......easy to listen to music like Jack Johnson, Corrine Baily Rae..........up beat music J I could write a list but..........
Thrillers, True stories any book that can get me entranced in the first 4 pages.more -->