It is the responsibility of the Boundary Umpire to umpire matches in accordance with the Laws of the Game
The Boundary Umpire reports to the Field Umpire during the match and is accountable to the Team Manager.
- Determining whether a football is out of bounds or out of bounds on the full, and signaling to the field umpire when that has occurred;
- Throwing the football back into play if it has gone out of bounds, when directed to do so by a field umpire;
- Determine whether a player has incorrectly entered the centre square (as indicated in the association/league rules and regulations);
- Bringing the football back to the centre square after a goal has been scored;
- Reporting a player or official who commits a reportable offence; and
- Liaise with all other umpires officiating in the match.