About the Club
Follow this link and
Port Hunter Membership has now been Closed for the 2020 Reduced Club Competition.
For Enquiries Contact
Port Hunter Registrar - Rebekah Wallace email
Newcastle Basketball are running a reduced Winter Club Competition beginning on 1st July as per the NSW State Government Community Sport Guidelines.
In line with the recent announcement from Sport NSW and the NSW Government, Newcastle Basketball has made the following changes to our spectator entry procedures:
- There will be no spectators to any domestic or representative competition in Newcastle Basketball Stadium until further notice
- One adult per player will be allowed entry into the stadium for any junior Newcastle training, competition or program.
- Anyone not participating in the game must sign in.
In order to avoid a line up, Newcastle Basketball has implemented an online sign-in procedure. When entering the facility, all spectators will need to use the QR Code to sign in. This code will be available throughout the stadium. If you do not have a phone or compatible device, we will ask that you sign in using the book at front reception.
We are also asking members to please remember the following when attending the stadium
- All members should remember social distancing when spectating any training, game or program
- If you have visited Victoria to please self-isolate for 14 days prior to attending any program, training or competition.
- Please do not attend the stadium until you have been tested if you have attended one of the known Hot Spots in Sydney
- We encourage everyone to adhere to a "Come - Play - Go" mentality.
- If you are sick or have flu like systems pleas do not attend the stadium
- Reconsider your attendance to the stadium if you are in the vulnerable person category
- Please ensure you use good hygiene procedures including the hand sanitiser when entering the facility.
Reduced fees are :-
U12's Membership - $120.00
U14-19's Membership $140.00
Membership is only open until 12th June.
Partial Refunds are available for all who paid the full membership at the start of the year. Follow the link to the form to provide your Bank Account details.
All Coaches will need a WWC check.
All Players are required to be registered with NSW Basketball - If BNSW Rego is due when joining the Club the BNSW Rego will be required to be paid at the same time as the Port Hunter Membership.
The Active Kids Voucher can be used as payment towards these costs.
To check your BNSW registration details follow this link below....
SENIOR - 18 AND OVER (DOB 2001 or earlier) $116.00
JUNIOR - 12-17 (DOB 2002 – 2007) $100.00
MINIBALL - 11 & UNDER (DOB 2008 or later) $65.00
Round 1 - Wed 1st July & Friday 2nd July 2020
Grand Finals - Wed 23rd September 2020
Wednesday (Games commence at 4.15pm)
Div 1 U12 Boys & Girls
Div 1 U14 Boys & Girls
Div 1 U16 Boys
Div 1 U16 Girls
Div 2 U16 Girls (Could be played on Fridays)
Div1 & Div 2 U19 Girls
Div 1, 2 & 3 U19 Boys
Friday (Games commence at 4.15pm)
Div 2 & 3 U12 Boys & Girls
Div 2 & 3 U14 Boys & Girls
Div 2 & 3 U16 Boys
Teams will generally be based on last years teams. If you would like to play with a particular team or friends please make a note in the "SPECIAL REQUESTS" field when completing the Membership form.
Selection trials for Division 1 teams will be held at the YWCA gym in Dawson St Cooks Hill. Trials will be in the first 2 weeks of March and dates and times to be advised.
Team training can commence mid March.
A playing top will be provided which will be collected at the end of the competition.
Port Hunter Uniform requires players to wear Black Shorts.
Port Hunter Club shorts are available for sale at $25.00 a pair.
Shorts will be available for purchase at the Information day, training sessions and before games in the first week.
The Port Hunter Basketball Club was founded in the early 1960's and is the oldest Basketball Club in Newcastle. We celebrated our 50yr anniversary in 2014. It had its beginnings as the Stockton National Fitness Basketball Club. With the success of the Club and the expansion of the member base through the 1970's the Club was renamed in 1980 to the Port Hunter Basketball Club.
Last year he Club had 31 teams competing in the Junior Club Competition and 9 teams in the Super 10's competition.
Training is held at the YWCA in Dawson Street Cooks Hill usually on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays to suit the players & Coaches. We also have training at the Waratah High Callagan Campus.
Our most successful player is Suzy Batkovic who played her junior club basketball with the Port Hunter Club. Suzy was in the Opal team which attend the London Olympics and played in the Townsville Fire team in the WNBL.