Puma is a KidSport approved club.
KidSport enables Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. Eligible youth aged 5–18 years can apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs through their participating local government. While the primary objective of KidSport is to ensure all Western Australian children can participate in sport and recreation clubs, its secondary objective is to engage these children and their families in the community.
The application process is as followed:-
- Firstly you complete and pay Puma registration in full.
- To be eligible you must have a health care card or pension concession card with your child’s name on it.
- When submiting your KidSport application to your council, please ensure you apply under Puma (Willetton) Basketball Club INC.
- Provide Puma with the kidsport voucher number once you receive from your nominated council.
- Please let Puma know that you have submitted your application to your local council, so that we can keep a look out for it.
- Once approved you will be notified by the Club Development officer of the local council via email.
- The Club Development officer of the local council will also notify Puma and request an invoice be processed online.
- Puma process the invoice online to the Club Development officer of the local council.
- The council reimburses Puma the fees up to $150 per year, directly into Puma bank account. At the moment Puma fees are $240. If the fees increase over this figure then you will be required to pay the difference.
- You supply your bank account details which includes your BSB and account numbers.
- Puma reimburses what the council has issued to Puma directly to your the bank details you have provided.
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IT MAY TAKE UP TO 60 DAYS FOR PUMA TO RECIEVE THE REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE COUNCIL. PUMA WILL NOT TRANSFER THE $150 UNTIL PUMA HAS RECEIVED THIS REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE COUNCIL.
You can find out more information about kidsport at https://www.wa.gov.au/service/sport-and-recreation/sport-and-fitness-development/apply-kidsport
If you have any issues, please contact the Club Development officer of the local council you submitted the application to.