Your guide to the 2021 AFL Season!
After what turned out to be a fairly tumultuous 2020 season, the AFL is back for 2021.
No hubs, regular game times restored, crowds are back and new (sometimes controversial) rules make up all the ingredients for what should be a blockbuster season!
Richmond and Carlton have the honors in opening up the 2021 season this Thursday morning (Canada time), and AFL Canada is here to answer all the important questions before the season:
Who is playing and when?
The schedule for 2021 will look a little different than previous years, with a floating schedule after round 6 to accommodate for any flexibility that may be required due to Covid-19. Check out the schedule at the link below:
Who are the teams and players to watch this year?
All 18 AFL Captains were polled to see who they thought would be the big performers this year, see the article below:
Which team should I follow?
AFL Canada put together a handy guide for new lovers of Australian Football to provide some direction on just who should be your new favorite team:
Where can I watch Footy in 2021?
AFL Canada x Geelong Cats Digital Membership:
- The cheapest way to watch every game of Footy (including finals) live or on-demand outside of Australia.
- Get your membership here.
- Select games will be aired on TSN every week throughout the season.
- Keep an eye on AFL Canada's social media pages for updates each week.
TSN on Demand:
- Games shown on TSN will be available for on-demand streaming for one week after airing.
- Head to this link to access TSN on Demand