Clippers Covid Comeback Plan
CLIPPERS COVID COMEBACK PLAN
The Suncoast Clippers are pleased to announce the following 3 step re-opening plan for our comeback to full junior and senior basketball competition:
1. CASUAL SHOOTING
From Tuesday 2nd June until Friday 5th, casual shooting is available from 12-4pm these sessions are for a maximum of 50 minutes and they will be in session times starting on the hour (eg. 12pm, 1pm, etc.) with a maximum venue capacity of 18 people. For the following week casual shooting will revert back to the usual 12-3pm.
· $5 per person – Eftpos only NO CASH
· Must bring your own basketball, sanitise ball upon entry
· Absolutely NO SCRIMMAGING, shooting, ball handling and fitness only
· All participants must sign in and out for tracing if required
· No waiting in the stadium or spectators allowed
· Once capacity is reached for the venue you will need to wait until the next time slot.
2. TRAINING RECOMMENCEMENT
· From Monday 8th June
· Further information will be sent with training schedule later this week
3. COMPETITION RECOMMENCEMENT
· From Monday 13th July (in line with Stage 3 of the Queensland Government road map)
· Will run for the entirety of school Term 3 and will be a continuation of the summer season from when the doors closed in March.
· Payments have been reduced for term 3 with the “Early Bird” discounted amounts open until midnightSunday 12th July. This will be followed by a 1-week grace period to pay your fees before the NO PAY, NO PLAY policy will be enforced.
o Junior Early Bird Payment - $99
o Junior Full Fee after 12th July - $115
o Senior Early Bird Payment - $110
o Senior Full Fee after 12th July - $125
Miniball will recommence in term 3 beginning on Saturday 18th July. Further information will be posted closer to the commencement of term 3.
Social competitions will recommence in term 3 beginning from Tuesday 14th July. Further information will be posted closer to the commencement of term 3.
FAIR PLAY VOUCHERS
The Queensland Government announced some packages to assist both clubs and individuals return to the courts after the Covid-19 shutdowns. A major inclusion for individuals is the extension of the Fair Play Voucher system to assist families with a $150 voucher that can be used towards game fees of those affected.
Check out the State Government website here for the information on the program which will open for application at Stage 2 of the Roadmap to Recovery on June 12.