Development Plan 2020
2020 is going to be an exciting year with a lot of Development opportunities being held for our junior players, female athletes, referees, score-bench officials and coaches.
If you have any questions regarding the Development Plan please don't hesitate to ask Ronélle (Ronnie) Kriss our Development Director at email@example.com
- Rising Suns Pre-Rep Program - There will be a 6-week Rep Program leading into Rep Trials. Those players who wish to trial and would like additional advanced training to up their skill levels to be able to compete at these Trials will have the opportunity to do so. These clinics will be held for all age groups both girls and boys.
- Rising Suns QSL Pathway Program – Select players will be identified to join this program from junior girls and junior boys. These players are those that will move into the QSL squads in the following calendar year or in several years. These players exhibit a natural ability for the game and a very high skill level. Teams will be entered into our Senior competitions. We will be partnering with a NSW association and play a weekend tournament alternating years of home and away.
- Additional Skills Clinics will continue to be held throughout the season for all age groups and players who wish to receive additional training to take their game to the next level.
- Holiday Camps and Clinics – In all school holidays satellite camps and clinics will be conducted in the Moreton Bay Region. This will offer kids the chance to remain healthy and active in all school holiday periods whilst maintaining and improving on their current skill levels. This will also enable Moreton Bay Basketball to grow by attracting new members to join our wonderful Basketball association.
- The girls’ program will continue to be developed and girls within the Moreton Bay Region will be targeted so as to grow the Junior Girls competition. With this expansion the aim is to have a separate girls competition from U11s through to Junior Girls with the end goal being having girls competitions for all age groups.
- We have expanded our Aussie Hoops program in our set locations by now offering a Tuesday session out of MSEC. This is aimed at 5-10 year old’s who want to become involved in basketball in a fun and safe way. There will also be pathway opportunities to these kids so they can move from Aussie Hoops to our U11 & U13 competitions as seamlessly as possible.
- Schools will continue to be provided with Moreton Bay Basketball’s coaching services to expand our footprint and to introduce basketball to children through the school system who otherwise may not have tried basketball previously.
- Grow our women’s competition from 4 teams to 8 in the Winter Season and to 10 in the Summer Season.
- Michele Brown has been appointed as the new Referee Coordinator and Educator and has created detailed plans for referees and will be implementing the following points.
- Increased mentoring, communication, education, and teamwork with all parties
- Management of referees physical and mental health
- Development of training programs and sessions, to be inclusive of special needs
- Development of Junior Educators
- Work towards increasing female referees
- Implement BQ changes in Referee Education, more hands on, and will now focus on 2-5 points depending on experience of the referee. Asking referees to give own feedback on situations and testing their rule knowledge. BQJBC, SBL and QBL reports are emailed to your OwnURGoal
- Recruitment and Development of Shadow and Junior and mature referees
- There will be a minimum of two (2) Level 1 Coaching Courses held each season. These will be presented by Ronelle Kriss – Development Director who is a qualified presenter through Basketball Queensland.
- A style of play handbook has been developed specifically for Moreton Bay Basketball coaches and will be disseminated. This has been adapted from Basketball Queensland Style of Play but with our own coaches, direction and goals in mind.
- Coaching packages will be handed out to all coaches to keep in their folders which will include the Curriculum to be taught to that specific age group, Season and Training Plan templates amongst other important resources to assist coaches.
- Quarterly coach’s meetings will be held where coaches can raise any questions, issues or concerns and help each other learn and grow in the coaching realm.
- Suns TV will be up and running which will provide coaches with an excellent video library and further resources to assist coaches in ideas and how to conduct and teach skills and drills.
- Coaches will have the opportunity and access to leading player clinics. This will give coaches the opportunity to take the lead on sessions. All head coaches and myself will be assisting at these clinics.
- Score-bench courses will be run at regular intervals throughout the year by our very own Junior Competitions Manager - Chris McDonell.
- Ongoing training and support will be provided for Score-bench Officials who wish to progress further and provide score-bench at junior representative levels and higher.
Document created and executed by:
Ronelle Kriss – Development Director
Last Modified on 07/05/2020 15:02