Annual General Meeting Notice
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Ipswich Basketball Association
Incorporated to be held at Llewellyn Stadium, 2A Ross Llewellyn Drive,
Booval, Qld 4304 on Saturday, 16th June, 2018, registration 10.30am, meeting commencing 11am.
- Election of Members
To elect members to the management committee, including:
- Vice President, 2 year term, 2018-2020
- Treasurer, 2 year term, 2018-2020
2. Election of Three Committee members, 1 year term, 2018-2019
Section 19 Electing the Management Committee
(1) A member of the management committee may only be elected as follows-
(a) any two members of the association may nominate another member (the candidate) to serve as a member of the management committee;
(b) the nomination must be-
(i) in writing;
(ii) signed by the candidate and the members who nominate him or her; and
(iii) given to the secretary at least 14 days before the annual general meeting at which the election is to be held.
(c) Each member of the association present and eligible to vote at the annual general meeting may vote for one candidate for each vacant position on the management committee;
(d) If, at the start of the meeting there is not enough candidates nominated, nominations may be taken from the floor of the meeting
(2) A person may be a candidate only if the person-
(a) Is an adult; and
(b) Is not ineligible to be elected as a member under section 61A of the Act.
(3) A list of candidates’ names in alphabetical order, with the names of the members who nominated each candidate, must be posted in a conspicuous place in the office or usual place of meeting of the association for at least seven days immediately preceding the annual general meeting.
(4) A person can only nominate a candidate if they are a financial member i.e. Player, Life Member or Associate member that has been signed off by Management Committee prior to General Meeting.
All committee nominations must be received no later than 12pm Saturday the 2nd June. They should be placed in the Management Committee orange post box located in the lobby next to the stadium office. They will then be posted on the notice board.
All proxy votes must be returned to the secretary no later than the 15th of June by 2pm. They may also be posted in the Management Committee orange post box. No proxy votes will be accepted after this date.
If you require further information, please contact the Secretary.
IBA Board Secretary
Last Modified on 28/11/2019 14:34