Click here to upload any photos that you have of WBI events!!
Applications Open - Junior Warriors Coaches 2017
Applications are now invited for the following positions in our Warriors representative program:
- * Junior Warriors coaches – each age-group (U12-U18) boys & girls
The Board of Wangaratta Basketball Inc is committed to providing our players with professional, skilled and dedicated coaching personnel. We hope to continue to attract coaches whose expertise and commitment are assets to the program.
We value coaches’ experience and it is also our wish to support developing coaches. It is expected that our rep coaches have a minimum Level 1 coaching qualification (or are undertaking this qualification). All coaches must have a current Working with Children Check.
The minimum age for Head Coaches is 20 years of age, and for Assistant Coaches the minimum age is 17 years.
A number of factors are considered in the allocation of coaches to teams, including:
- Applicant (coach) preference
- Coach’s experience and qualifications
- The number of consecutive years a coach has been appointed to a cohort of players
- A coach’s commitment to the Warriors program and willingness to work as a team
- A coach’s commitment to the local (domestic) basketball program
- A coach’s general conduct and level of professionalism
While coach preference is high on the agenda, the big picture may not accommodate all requests.
Thankyou for considering to apply for a Warriors coaching position. We are looking forward to the season ahead and hope that you can join us on the journey.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 2 JUNE 2017
More information, including Application Form is avaiolable in the JUNIOR WARRIORS session of this website.