SA Country Basketball's Women in Basketball Program
SA Country Basketball has received funding for a Women in Basketball Program from the SA Office of Recreation and Sport with the support of Basketball SA. The aim of the program is to:
- Increase the number of confident and competent female leaders, coaches and referees
- Ensure female leaders, coaches and referees achieve the next level of accreditation and/or have the expertise to manage, coach or officiate
- Assist in working towards 40-40-20 female representation in female leadership roles
- Provide visible role models
- Provide a mentor for each participant involved in the program for 12 months
- Manage and develop the next generation of female leaders, coaches and referees in Basketball in a supportive environment
The WIB Program will be conducted by a combination of zoom conferencing and face-to-face delivery, in accordance with the current environment. Where practical elements are required, we will endeavour to make arrangements that are convenient and suitable with each participant. The majority of the workshops will be hosted within the first three to six months of the program with an allocated mentor working with each participant for a period of 12 months.
Participants will gain invaluable knowledge and expertise in a supportive environment that will assist in future aspirations of becoming a female leader in Basketball.
Applications close: Friday 25th September 2020