SA Sport News - November 2018
FROM THE CEO
Following on from meetings from Minister Wingard, I recently met with the Education Minister, Hon John Gardner and discussed four key topics (Fundamental Movement Skills, Trainees in Schools, Community Use of School Facilities; including design of new school facilities, and School Sport) arising out of our National Sport Plan forum and my many discussions with members over the past eight weeks.
This was a very productive meeting with commitment from Minister Gardner to meet again, early in the New Year, to confirm progress of discussions. I would like to thank the Minister for his commitment to working together to progress these important initiatives.
In the coming weeks I will also be meeting with Ministers Sanderson and Lensink as well as Education Department CE Rick Persse, to discuss these initiatives further.
I thank everyone who attended and made the Members and Partners Breakfast such a proud and enjoyable morning. I felt extremely privileged to share with you and celebrate the achievements of our finalists. I find it so important we, both members and partners, stop and recognise the significant contributions being made in our sporting communities and industry as a whole. I look forward to raising my glass with you all at the Sport Awards Gala Dinner next Friday evening.
First Half - Words from the Clubrooms
- Calendar of Events
- From the CEO
- Sport SA Notice of AGM
- Sport Awards Gala Dinner Tickets - 2 days to go
- Sport Awards Finalists Announced
- Sport SA secures 35 Funded Traineeships
Second Half - Words from the Field
- Free Volunteer Screening Check Information Session (Volunteering SA&NT)
- Exclusion and Discrimination Seminar: Transgender, Gender-Diverse and Intersex Athletes in Australian Sport (The University of Adelaide)
- Women in Sport Breakfast (Adelaide Strikers)
- Join Good Sports Program and Win!