Dear Players, Coaches, Team Managers and families,
The Committee of Management is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, taking guidance from the Australian Government and Basketball Victoria and constantly evaluating the impact it may have on the Association and its activities.
We ask that all Players and their families, Coaches and Team Managers support the Association by adopting the following precautions:
- If you or your child is not well, do not send them to training or games;
- If you (through your place of employment) or your child (through his/her school) is required to self-isolate, this self-isolation needs to extend to basketball and club-related activities including games and training.
- If you, your child or family members in your household have travelled to risk areas such as China, Iran, South Korea, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Italy, Thailand, Singapore,we ask that you/your child self-isolates for 14 days and does not attend basketball and club-related activities unless a doctor’s certificate with a negative test result for COVID-19 can be supplied.
- If you or your child has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please notify the Association immediately, self-isolate from basketball and club-related activities and seek medical advice about testing for COVID-19.
- Players/coaches are not required to shake hands at the beginning or end of EDJBA, VJBL or Big V games with their opposition or the officials, but instead respectfully acknowledge and thank them without physical contact (this position is consistent with recent EDJBA communications).
Please notify immediately your Team Manager / Coach if any of the above applies to you.
We will pass on updates from the EDJBA, VJBL, Big V and/or Basketball Victoria when received.
Thank you for your support and co-operation whilst we deal with such a fluid situation.
More information can be obtained via https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert.
Emma MacDougal | President | Warrandyte Basketball Association
Warrandyte Sports Complex (WSC) 36-38 Drysdale Road Warrandyte 3113 | PO Box 237 Warrandyte 3113
Last Modified on 13/03/2020 12:57