2020 Level 1 Coaching Course
Dates and Times
The course will be run over the following dates : 1st & 15th March, 28th June, 5th July with the 5th date still to be confirmed.
The Assessment day will be the will be announced shortly (Probably in August). Course starts at 10.00am, finishes at 4.00pm, with an hour for lunch. Attendance at all sessions is highly recommended for those wishing to complete their coaching qualification.
Cost and Enrolment
This coaching course is subsidised by Fencing Victoria, with funds from Sport and Recreation. The course fee is $160 (inc GST), which includes hand outs, use of facilities during the course and a qualified presenter. Enrolment in the course and payment needs to be via the Fencing Victoria website by 26th February. You will be notified by the 28th February if the course does not have sufficient numbers to go ahead.
If you are enrolling as part of the 2&3 Star Club Program, your Club MUST notify Pieter Leeuwenburgh, State Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, that you are using one of their Star Club Program places.
Please Note - People not enrolled in the course, but who turn up and participate in the course, will be charged $160 - even if they are eligible for a place under their clubs Star Club Rewards Program.
Also - Clubs enrolling more than their allocated places will need to pay for the extra places.
Enrolment can be made via this link -or https://regoform.mygameday.app/#/0010I000020BGDfQAO/Ft8Jz8USiYch5M2eOG
Who might be interested?
This course is for:
- Fencers who wish to teach/coach in your club or school can obtain their Level 1 Coaching qualification. You will learn how to teach/coach individuals and groups basic to intermediate skills in fencing.
- Fencers (with 2 or more years of experience) who wish to consolidate fencing skills and expand your knowledge of fencing.
- Coaches wishing to update their skills and gain valuable practise and feedback.
Course Requirements and Prerequisites
The course requirements are as follows:
- You will need to complete a Level 1 Coaching Principles course. You can do this over the internet at www.ausport.gov.au/participating/coaches/education/onlinecoach . The Level 1 Coaching Principles course is a requirement for accreditation via the National Coach Accreditation Scheme (there is no cost for this course).
- Participants must be affiliated members of Fencing Victoria.
- Participants will need to have fenced for a minimum of two years
To obtain a Level 1 Accreditation Certificate in the weapon of your choice you will need to complete supervised hours and be assessed as competent in all coaching skills.
If you require further information, please contact Pieter Leeuwenburgh, State Development Manager at email@example.com