High Performance and Events Officer
Title: High Performance and Events Officer
Reports to: Executive Officer
Location: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Remuneration: Depending on skills and experience
Application Date: Send your CV by 23 February 2018
To support the Executive Officer to coordinate the delivery of the Basketball Federation of Papua New Guinea (BFPNG)’s competition based events schedule as tasked by the Executive Officer to grow the game of basketball in PNG and manage the high-performance teams.
The High Performance and Events Officer is responsible for supporting the Executive Officer to implement the BFPNG annual calendar of competitions and events. This includes coordinating the delivery of national 3x3 and 5 aside basketball championship events, facilitating the inclusion of basketball in PNG schools and delivering a national schools championship, delivering coaching and referees trainings as necessary for the development of basketball as well as other tasks associated with BFPNG. The High Performance and Events Officer will also be required to implement the High-Performance Plan and assist in the appointment of national team coaches and managers to ensure PNG National Team the best possible chance at success at international events.
The right candidate for the High Performance and Events Officer position is someone who has good basketball knowledge and experience, is self-driven and eligible to work in Port Moresby. He or she must have strong organisation and communication skills, experience with presenting coaching workshops and the ability to coordinate small teams.
The High Performance and Events Officer will carry out all necessary measures commensurate with their role and functions, to meet performance targets set by the Executive Officer. In particular:
1) Assist the Executive Officer to deliver the BFPNG annual calendar of events and activities;
2) Deliver National Basketball events and perform all tournament related duties;
3) Organise and display competition draws and tables, keeping accurate records of all competition games and tournaments;
4) Facilitate coaching accreditation courses as necessary with the support of the Administration Officer
5) Facilitate referee accreditation courses as necessary with the support of the Administration Officer.
6) Collect participation and capacity data for BFPNG records;
7) Ensure basketball becomes part of the school sports program and facilitate a national schools competition;
8) Work with local basketball associations where requested in the organizing and development of basketball programs and trainings;
9) Assist other agencies which might conduct basketball activities e.g. Ministry of Education, Churches, Government Health and Social Welfare Departments, Business House etc.
10)Carry out all duties required for the successful implementation of the BFPNG High Performance Plan including the development of National Men’s and Women’s open and youth squads.
If you are a self-driven, basketball enthusiast with good communication skills and experience in event management, and you want to be part of a growing organisation, this could be your next role.