BASKETBALL IS BACK
ANNOUNCEMENT – Basketball can resume to Pre-Lockdown conditions in Perth and Peel Regions
Basketball WA is pleased with today's Government announcement that Pre-Lockdown conditions will resume across the Perth and Peel regions. From 12:01 Sunday 14th February 2021, masks will no longer be mandatory, along with the removal of travel restrictions between Perth and Peel.
During the last two weeks, our basketball community saw the cancellation of Week 2 and 3 of the BWA Country Championships. While we were disappointed, it was necessary to ensure the health and safety of our community. We are thrilled that Week 4 of the Country Champs will be going ahead as scheduled and the fixtures will be released later today.
While we may be returning to normal here in Perth, we want to make sure it stays that way. Please ensure you follow all the Government guidelines and seek medical advice if you feel unwell.
Return to Play in WA
- All competition may continue following safe/hygiene guidelines
- Recent Changes to WA’s Contact register system and SafeWA will remain in place. Signing in is required at all relevant venues and penalties apply.
- If you are unwell, please get tested at one of the COVID WA Clinics.
- Do not attend basketball training or competitions if you have a fever, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath. Please seek medical advice and get tested.
- A 2 square metre capacity rule is in place for venues. Associations and clubs must ensure they meet these requirements for their venues.
- Following healthy hygiene guidelines. Wash your hands regularly.
- Ensure you bring a towel and labelled water bottle to games and training. Avoid sharing food and beverages.
- Wipe down score benches & team benches in between games.
Our community's safety and health are a priority, so we will continue to follow the latest guidelines and requirements.
WA COVID Updates: http://ow.ly/Sgy750DrUsa
Basketball WA Updates: http://ow.ly/kltr50DrUs8