Is this you?
Our men's SBL team is looking for a manager for the 2020 season. Can you (you and a friend or partner) help?
Please contact Pam Langshaw: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Managers are vital to any team. This role is NOT administrative. Team managers will be provided with petty cash to purchase what they require. Duties include:
- Working with the SBL administrator (Pam Langshaw) and team coach/es
- Attending all games with players (home and away), with uniforms, towels, etc
- Check players are in correct uniforms.
- Have at least one spare uniform on hand in case of blood rule enforcement.
- Have alternative set of uniforms on site.
- Provide drinks (water & hydrating drinks) and ensure players are constantly hydrating.
- Provide first aid kit, icepacks, towels and gladwrap (to hold icepack in place) and provide player first aid as necessary
- Check players have all jewellery off. Players are responsible for their own jewellery.
- Keep clothing and team items together.
- Launder kit in preparation for games (laundry facilities available at the stadium).
- Emphasise the benefits of nutritious food and hydration for every player.
- Collect first aid kit and maintain stock levels.
The coach is always in charge of the team. Mutual consent between the manager and coach will often decide who takes the responsibilities for set tasks for team management. Communication and organization are the keys to being a good team manager.