Allen Flying 11 Nationals Postponed
by Hugh Stodart
It will not come as a surprise, but it is still with a strong sense of sadness, that we are announcing the Allen Flying 11 Nationals scheduled for January will be postponed because of the ongoing COVID-19 driven challenges impacting our ability to put on a fair and safe regatta attracting all who wish to attend. Although there are some promising signs which made it tempting to hang on and hope for a bit longer, the consensus amongst our members was that we should make the decision now and allow everyone to plan accordingly. The uncertainties surrounding the status of both the NSW Health and QLD border restrictions over the coming weeks gave us little real choice.The plan is to move the regatta to the April school holidays. We aim to confirm new dates in early January after discussions with Belmont 16s, our race officials and volunteers. This year we will have our grand final at the end of the season instead of the middle and still expect it to be hotly contested. Entries already received will be carried over. Please contact the association on email@example.com if changes are required.We would like to thank the team at Belmont 16s for their efforts to get us so close and for their flexibility in the circumstances. We are also lucky to have incredible support from our sponsors Allen Performance Sailing Hardware, Liros Ropes, Vaikobi and Composite Spars and Tubes.We wish all of our Flying 11 and the general sailing community a safe and Merry Christmas. Let’s knock this thing on its head now so we can enjoy the rest or our sailing season!
Last Modified on 23/12/2020 14:29