WELLINGTON RUGBY LEAGUE
COVID - 19
March 17, 2020
Keeping our rugby league community safe is our main priority, and we're asking everyone in our game to follow official advice around travel and self-isolation to make sure we don't contribute to the spread of COVID-19.
Wellington Rugby League will continue to follow the COVID-19 advice provided by the Ministry of Health regarding public events and mass gatherings. At present, there are no restrictions on mass gatherings or community activities under 500 people.
Given the fast-changing situation, these guidelines and advice are subject to change. We are expecting more guidance and direction within the next 24 hours and are liaising with other major winter sports and government agencies regarding mass gatherings and community activities. We are continuing to monitor the situation with a view that health and safety is the number one priority for both rugby league and our wider communities.
Wellington Rugby League is monitoring the situation constantly and will provide updates as and when they become available. We continue to ask everyone involved in rugby league to support one another and follow the official government guidelines. For COVID-19 advice and guidelines please visit www.health.govt.nz
Wellington Rugby League will continue with preparations for the 2020 season and will continue to keep you all informed and updated on any changes that may occur due to the COVID - 19 pandemic
In the meantime we do ask and encourage that:
- ALL clubs will inform WRL of any suspected or reported cases of COVID-19
- The sharing of drink bottle cease and each player is responsible for supplying their own named drink bottle.
- Trainers who supply water for hydrating purposes on the field should only supply water bottles that squeeze into the mouth – no water bottle to mouth contact. These water bottles to be washed properly after each game and stored appropriately and hygienically.
- ALL medical assistance is done so with proper protection e.g. gloves, wipes and hand sanitiser.
- WRL will inform of any Rugby League event closure or cancellation.
- Consider not hosting after match functions
- Encourage showers as soon as possible.
- If players, volunteers or whanau are feeling unwell - stay at home
Last Modified on 17/03/2020 18:56