HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAM IDENITIFICATION/SELECTION
The BNT High Performance Program is a Talent ID based invitational program. Their are multiple ways an athlete can be identified and invited to this program, these include but are not limited to:
- Previous High Performance Program involvement;
- Attendance at Australian Junior Championships open selection trials and/or selection to Northern Territory representative teams including U14 Club Championship teams from Alice Springs and Darwin;
- Identification via participation in the Darwin and Alice Springs U14 Academy programs;
- Review and recommendations provided by the Association/Club network from Club Coaches that work with the candidates; and
- High Performance Manager and senior HP Coaching staff review of U14, U16 and U18 Club games (All divisions) in the lead-up to the new program year.
The program commences in August each year. In 2020/21 the program consists of 4 x 10 week blocks of training where athletes attend both on court and strength & conditioning sessions.