Games in Progress – Games during Halftime – Time Outs and Between Games – Before and After Games
As a member based non profit organization, we need help from all parents, players, and spectators.
At all venues only the court is hired; other sporting equipment ,stages, foyers, weight rooms, pools, & other school buildings & ovals are off limits. Only close family members & scorers are allowed at the schools during game time to facilitate transport & the smooth running of the games/other spectators must obtain permission from the Spiders office. All participants must enter and leave quietly, vacating school grounds immediately after games to ensure school functions can progress without interference & security can identify those not authorized to enter the school.
Should a game become unduly rough and managers feel the referees are not calling enough fouls to control the game, please advise a supervisor ASAP so they can adjust either personnel or advise refs to increase calls. Basketball is a physical sport and contact will occur, but can be monitored within the game situation so all players can continue to perform to the best of their ability. See a supervisor at the first instance of an issue so it can be resolved & unnecessary contact not allowed to escalate into a dangerous situation.
The following rules MUST be followed:
- Fingernails of players to be trimmed before taking the court.
- No jewelry (no studs), wrist bands, hard plastic injury covers allowed on players
- Please keep a safe distance from the court! Sidelines must be clear of toys/bags/straps
- Do not walk across courts unless playing in a game. Shoot only when court clear!!
- No people or objects on end lines where players drive to the basket.
- No drink bottles to be taken onto court surface & no drink bottles on desks.
- Chips and other food items not taken onto court surface or dropped onto adjacent areas.
- Players & spectators to leave courts immediately after games for safety of next game.
- Bags and water bottles to be stored safely under chairs and never on end lines/sidelines.
- Chairs/bags/shoes/bottles/people must be a safe distance from playing surface
- Other Balls (regulation basketballs allowed) not to be taken inside venues.
- No bouncing, throwing, and passing of balls when other games in progress.
- Everyone to walk carefully and slowly in venues. Children must not run in venue.
- Children’s toys – books – puzzles not allowed within 2 metres of playing surface.