Welcome to Belmont and the Competition 2018
Welcome to Belmont Basketball.
We are a "not for profit" junior club that plays in the Southern Districts Basketball Association of Brisbane (the largest basketball association in Queensland).
Our objective is to encourage first and foremost participation in and the enjoyment of basketball. Where these things exist development will follow.
We field teams for boys and girls ranging from mixed under 7 to u20 (plus a Dads team) and are always open to new player/coach/manager enquiries .
Home for us is the Rowland Cowan Basketball Stadium (part of the Clem Jones Centre) on Zahel Street, Carina. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z3qTo91XxAgU.kOC3oNx4cg-4
1. Structure of the Competion
- SBDA's competition is run in age divisions - U7, U9, U11, U13, U15, U17(boys only), U19 (girls only) and U20 (men only).
- All age groups, except U7s, have separate boys and girls teams.
- U11 to U17 generally have a choice of 2 or 3 skill levels of competition: Gold (for representative level players) & Silver/ Bronze (for both experienced /beginners/social players).
2. Age Groups
|Player Age Group||Year of Birth||Game Day|
|Under 7's (mixed)||2012 - 2013||Saturday|
|Under 9's (boys & girls)||2010 -2011||Saturday|
|Under 11's (boys & girls)||2008 - 2009||Saturday|
|Under 13's (boys & girls)||2006 - 2007||Friday night or Saturday*|
|Under 15s (boys and girls)||2004 - 2005||Friday night|
|Under 17s (boys)||2002 - 2003||Friday night|
|Under 19s (women)||2000 - 2003||Friday night|
|Under 20s (men)||1999 - 2001||Tuesday night or Friday night*|
* to be confirmed
3. Basketball Seasons 2018
- Season 1 - School Term 1 (Friday 2 February 2018 until Saturday 24 March 2018)
- Season 2 (the Championship Season) - School Terms 2 and 3 (Friday 20 April until Saturday 15 September 2018)
- Season 3 - School Term 4 (Friday 12 October until Saturday 8 December 2018)
4. Coaches and Managers
- Our coaches and managers are volunteers and do a great job.
- Belmont Saints is always looking for coaches and the club will help you develop your coaching skills through accredited coaching courses run by Basketball QLD.
- If you could help coach or run a training session please contact Alan Haydon
- Each team must have a manager to act as a contact when players will miss a game etc.
- The manager will help organise scoring rosters for the parents of the team and help our uniform coordinator to distribute and collect team playing tops.
- The club is organising training facilities and due to availibility training will either be team based or in the form of squad skills training.
Anyone interested in joining as a player/coach/manager please make initial contact via email with email@example.com to confirm availability of a place with one of our teams. Once a place is confirmed the new/annual registration process (go to the Sign On page) can begin.