This Week's Games:
13 February - 18 February, 2019
Welcome to the home of the Moorabbin Magic Basketball Club! We are a small not-for-profit club that aims to share the love of basketball to kids and adults through organised team games in competitions run by the Mckinnon Basketball Association. Please use the links above to find some more information about us and how to get involved. If you can't find what you are after, you can give me a call on 0422 245 045 and I will try my best to assist you!
February 18th, 2019
Local Sponsor Focus
Recently Moorabbin Magic were part of the Local Matters promotion at Grill'd Carnegie and we placed 3rd. By coming thrid the team at Grill'd Carnegie kindly donated $100 towards our club. Here is a pic of me and team member Ashley accepting the cheque on behalf of our club. Thanks again to Grill'd Carnegie and those who voted for us!
January 30th, 2019
Public Service Announcement - Lost Property
There is a big pile of clothes which remains unclaimed at Coatesville Primary. Photos have been uploaded to our facebook page. The photos were taken in November, 2018. While you're there why not like our page and join the community!
January 26th, 2019
I hope everyone had a great holiday period and is back refreshed for the conclusion to our regular seasons and hopefully towards participating in some finals action!!
Training we begin again Tuesday 29 January, 2019 (unfortunately Monday is out due to Australia Day public holiday) with games starting from Wed 30 January, 2019, for the Men's Over 35s, and Saturday 2 January - Monday 4 January for everyone else.
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind our Magic Family (players, coaches, relatives, supporters) what the Moorabbin Magic Basketball Club is all about:
- We want all players:
- to enjoy the great game of basketball for the love of playing the game and/or playing with their mates;
- to learn new skills/strategies and improve coordination
- to learn to play as a team and support your teammates
- to learn humility and resilience
- to show respect to everyone involved in the game of basketball - coaches, referees, oppostion, teammates
- We want all coaches:
- to expand/enhance the basketball knowledge for the players
- to expect and receive respect and attentiveness from the players
- to grow as coaches
- to show respect to everyone involved in the game of basketball - referees, players, opponents
- We want all relatives/spectators/supporters:
- to enjoy watching their relatives/mates play the game of basketball
- to show respect to everyone involved in the game of basketball - referees, coaches, players, opponents
Hope to see you out on the court some time!
Go make some Magic!!