Calling all passionate Bears fans and players..... we need you!
As we move towards the second half our 2014 season it is time to start thinking about the future of the Bears. Many of our Bears stalwarts who have worked tirelessy for years and years and years (and years!) are looking to retire at the end of this season.
So, Bears fans, Bears alumni, we need you! I know we harp on about it every year, but without our committee and our volunteers we would be unable to field teams and host games and progress as a club. The North Tamworth Bears just simply would not exist. And knowing that we are facing a significant loss in our volunteers next year, we need to start talking about the 2015 season now, and recruiting now, so we can ensure a smooth transition into the next year.
Some of the jobs of committee members and volunteers include (but are absolutely not limited to):
- Country Music Camping
- Taking phone calls/emails
- Collecting money and directing campers to campsites
- Organising cleaning, extra garbage bins and collections etc
- Ordering food
- Running breakfasts
- Running BBQs
- Operating the bar
- Dealing with emergency situations e.g. electrical faults, sewerage faults etc
- Organising sponsors - building and maintaining relationships with our sponsors and collecting sponsorship money
- Ordering playing gear - jerseys, balls, strapping tape etc
- Invoicing and banking
- Collection of mail
- Payment of bills
- Collating teams and ordering game programs
- Attending Group 4 meetings
- Organising working bees
- Oval maintenance - mowing, trimming trees/hedges, general repairs
- Game day preparation - Ordering and collecting products for canteen and bar, line marking, field setup, tables set up
- Game day clean up
- Operating canteen, BBQ's and bar throughout the year and also at home games
- Organise presentation night
- Grant applications
- Player registration
- Organising player payments
- Organising social activities
And that is only the half of it! As you can see, behind the scenes there is a team of people who work tirelessly every week of the year, not just in football season. But I don't want to scare you off. Many people make light work! So please, if you think you can give a small portion of your time, there may be several others who can give the same and the jobs can be shared.
We are now officially recruiting for all committee, coaching and team manager positions for 2015. Please speak to one of our current committee members or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest or to find out more.