Technical Director position
The position of FNQFC Technical Director is a full-time position that will provide leadership in a technical and policy sense to players, coaches and staff in the Talented Player Pathway, throughout the FNQ region.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Holder of current Positive Notice Blue Card
- A-Class Licence or B-Class working towards an A-Class Licence
FNQ FC Heat is a football club representing the Far North Queensland region of Australia in the PlayStation4 National Premier Leagues (Queensland). Our club has just been awarded a new 5 year NPL licence, to run from 2018-2022, and will be fielding both senior and junior teams - a development program for players aged 5-12 years (partnered with the Brisbane Roar), a Junior Academy program for U13s through to Under 20s, and a Senior Men’s NPL team.
Our club’s biggest focus is on having grassroot pathways for our youth, providing our local footballers every chance to play at the highest level.
Our club is seeking applications for the role of Technical Director (TD).
- Provide leadership in a technical and policy sense to players, coaches & staff in the Talented Player Pathway, throughout the FNQ region. This direction should follow the philosophy of the FFA National Curriculum whilst be sufficiently flexible to cater for any unique needs and circumstances which may exist;
- Build the skills and capacity of our coaches, and ensure coaching plans, systems and support structures are in place to deliver quality performance;
- Develop an effective network of communication and relationships with FNQFC members as well as providing leadership and support to FNQFC staff, coaches and volunteers;
- Manage parent expectations and concerns in a professional manner
The position requires high-level technical, organisational and planning skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
Flexible working arrangements are a requirement, as some duties and tasks will need to be undertaken outside normal business hours or during weekends. Due to the nature of the position, some travel throughout the FNQFC region, state and occasional interstate travel will be required.
The role reports to our Board of Directors and also encompasses working closely with our administrative staff. The role requires extensive reporting to Football Queensland on a range of areas of responsibility. Familiarity with the reporting process would be viewed favourably.
This is an exciting time to be involved in football, and you will be part of a professional organisation working alongside highly professional, committed and passionate teams and coaches with an absolute focus on providing a grassroots pathway for our Cairns region.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 20 October 2017