Volunteer Levy Information
Welcome to Diamond Valley United Soccer Club.
We are a family based soccer club that is growing at junior level and is extremely competitive at senior level fielding a seniors, reserves and women’s team.
The club is run by a small group of volunteers in the committee and as you will see a dedicated group of coaches who want the best for club and player at all levels. To achieve this we need assistance.
As we are a volunteer based club there are some very clear expectations.
1) There is an expectation that all teams will have both a coach and team manager.
Team managers simply assist the coach and ensure there is a consistent support in a planned roster to ensure the club functions smoothly especially the match day activities during the season. There will be a team managers meeting late February early March
2) All parents are expected to during training assist with pack up and set up of equipment ( a very small task)
All parents are expected to assist with a mix as determined by team manager/coach of canteen duty, refereeing (for Small Sided Football) , running the lines where applicable. This is a match day expectation for all families.
Some examples for the year may include:
- 2 or 3 canteen duties on match day for the year and no refereeing
- Refereeing 2-3 games and therefore less canteen duties.
This will all be determined by the team manager but is a condition of participating in this club.
3) All players senior and junior will be charged a $50 volunteer levy. This levy will be refunded on the condition certain volunteer criteria are met through the season (see point 4)
4) The $50 levy will be retuned upon:
- Being an active member of the committee
- Being a team manager
- Planning and running a fund raiser such as Bunnings sausage sizzle (club secretary will assist)
- Being on the junior social committee ( we only need a few very simple social activities such as pizza nights)
- Being on the senior social committee
- Being an attractive member of the working bee (attend 2 working bees)
- Running the club wed-site, newsletter and/or facebook page
- Cleaning the club rooms as per roster which would be no more than twice a season for a few hours
5) There is also scope to be further rewarded financially for your volunteer work.
- Junior coaches will be renumerated up to $500 if no kids at the club, fees paid for first child or fees paid if playing.
- If you attract and seal a sponsorship for the season up to $200
- If you can work thru and close off grants for the club up to $200
Thank you and welcome