Canteen Manager Required
CANTEEN MANAGER Torquay – Surf Coast and Galaxy Football Clubs
PURPOSE: The Canteen Manager is responsible for running the canteen efficiently and profitably, under the guidance of the Management Committee, using established routines, methods and procedures. The Canteen Manager must ensure that safe and appropriate practices are followed in relation to hygiene, health laws and regulations.
CONDITIONS: The position is seasonal from March to mid-October (approximately 21 home games on a Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday).
Friday hours are 4pm-7pm
Saturday hours are 10am-5pm
Sunday hours are 10am-5pm
Some hours required mid-week for stock take, ordering, and receipt of deliveries.
This is a remunerated position – details to be discussed based on how the arrangement is structured.
Joint applications for job share will be considered.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Management of canteen and potentially volunteer staff on game days and during events.
· Ensuring safe food practices and RSA are adhered to at all times.
· Knowledge and implementation of current Food Handling and Hygiene Laws.
· Knowledge and implementation of current RSA requirements and obligations with respect to the club's liquor licence, and ensuring staff serving alcohol are RSA qualified and understand their obligations in serving liquor responsibly.
· Ensure that all daily monitoring and records are maintained (as per Food Safety Guidelines) for inspection purposes.
· Maintain current RSA and food handling qualifications and attend appropriate training courses as required.
· Work toward the ongoing improvement of service, facilities and Safe Food Handling.
· Facilitate a happy, supportive and productive canteen environment, where canteen staff and or volunteers feel valued and welcome.
· Ensure all staff and volunteers are briefed on appropriate canteen procedures and guidelines and that safe work practices are followed at all times.
· Responsible for the management of stock including ordering, deliveries and appropriate storage and rotation.
Assist with the effective financial management of the canteen including:
· Counting, recording and banking daily takings
· Review all invoices to ensure they are accurate
· Provide when necessary all financial records as requested by the treasurer and committee.
Maintain canteen security including:
· Securing cash and keys
· Locking up at the end of the working day and switching off certain appliances
· Ensuring that only authorised people enter the canteen.
· Food safety supervisor's certificate, or willingness to obtain
· Current RSA certificate, or willingness to obtain
· Working with Children Check
· Police Clearance
The position occupant:
· Can relate with members & patrons and supervise staff in a warm and professional manner. Has demonstrated ability to work with a range of people and collaboratively in a team situation. Has a working knowledge and appropriate accreditation in line with Safe Food Handling and RSA, and willingness to keep qualifications current. Proven ability to run a canteen. Can work under pressure and meet deadlines. Is able to commit to flexible working hours, including after hours and weekends.
Please email application letter and CV to:
David Picken, Secretary Surf Coast Football Club
Any questions can also be sent to the above email address
Last Modified on 12/02/2016 00:19