Sharks update #4 03/04/2019
Update 4. Big week to grow further contacts across the region. We have confirmed the AFL Masters contacts in two areas and look forward to work in a collaborate manner as we increase AFL Masters awareness. The new contacts are as such:
- Mount Isa – Leslee Bax.
- Capricornia – Darren Lawson.
Some more players have requested to join up for the AFL Masters updates and we encourage anyone, so if you know of anyone interested, ask them to contact me.
The new additions are:
- Dave Lindsay
- Peter Cavalot
- Ian Joyce
- Glenn Phillips (Sparrow)
- Steve Gibbs, who will be at training this Sunday.
- Adam Douglas
Please continue to assist us with communications and let more know to grow our network.
Registrations are increasing, please rectify at your earliest convenience for your respective clubs, including any financial payments as they assist with general club operations. You must be registered to play in the AFL Masters sanctioned games. We are working with AFL Masters Queensland to create the 2019 structure for AFL Masters in this region. Rod Drew is the Registrar contact for AFL Masters Townsville and is working very well in this area.
Umpire training is available online for the base level to assist AFL Masters if this is something you can do to assist. Details are at the link http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-7789-0-0-0&sID=403539
For AFL Masters Townsville:
- Playing attire and Club Polos. Due to the recent grant from Sport and Recreation we are now able to advertise that new playing attire and club polos that are on the way. A big thank you to the hard work from our Treasurer, who is a treasure, Anne Growden. Anne has managed this program and we have some great results on the way. If you are interested in the purchase of a club polo please let Anne or Julie know. A great deal of our club merchandise was subjected to the affects of the recent severe weather event, but we are a resilient group.
- Sponsors. Our Vice President Nev Growden has been busy managing this program and we have confirmed many sponsors have announced further support and this is much appreciated. We always welcome more and can find a special place for all. We will be providing more detailed information in the near future to broadcast our much valued sponsors and what they can provide and more importantly how we can support them too. The new designs are below and we are working to have them before our Townsville Carnival. The sponsors that have assisted in these areas are:
- All Finanz Group
- A2O Traffic Solutions
- AUZSCOT Pipelines
- Training and practice game. We are working toward a warm up and practice game this Sunday 07 Apr 19 to start from 1000. We await confirmation from AFLT and the respective club and are eager to have this opportunity. Dean Anderson has joined us in the coaching group and has provided some great drills and advice. Much appreciated Dean. Our team managers are Chris Mohrwinkel and Steven Mcleod who are progressing well in this area. Unfortunately Peter Goodwin (Pistol) has been unable to continue due to a heavy work schedule and some persistent injuries. Hope to see you soon Pistol and all the best mate.
- Media. I was able to have agood conversation with the Townsville Bulletin today and we are expecting some media coverage to support the local club AFL Masters Townsville; however, I have mentioned the wider AFL Masters network in our greater region (Cairns, Charters Towers, Airlie Beach, Mount Isa and Capricornia) and the progression toward the National Carnival. This will hopefully provide greater awareness to all clubs in the areas of players, supporters and sponsors.
- Defibrillator. We now have a brand new defibrillator, hope it stays that way and we do not need to use it. It is great to have this important equipment available as a duty of care to our AFL Masters community. Big thank you to Townsville Medical Dental Solutions, that providing a greatly reduced price and Anne for picking up the new equipment and coordinating the payment.
- Education and Awareness. We will be advertising some guest speakers in the near future to provide a greater understanding in areas such as but not limited to:
- Insurance, in particular health.
- Defibrillator familiarisation.
- Men’s’ Health.
- And much more.....
- Skills, qualifications and Proficiency. If you have any of the following, or another that could assist please let us know. Our contact is our Secretary Julie Mohrwinkel. The areas we would like to increase capability in are:
- Accredited Coach
- First Aid
- Blue Card
- Trainer/medical support, etc
- Grant Level 2 Sport and Recreation.
- We have commenced work to develop the application for the level 2 grant. As we have lost a lot of our equipment, the level 1 grant will only cover some of our losses. We expect to have this submitted in the next few weeks and this will enable the club to be back in a good position. A lot of work but for a good result, much appreciate the assistance from Julie Mohrwinkel and Anne Growden with the Level 1 grant.
- AFL Masters only Player $75
- Social member $20
- Registered AFL and financial Player local Seniors/Women’s $20 (note this would require a match day permit to play sanctioned games)
- BSB – 633 000
- Account – 1229 29375
- Name - AFL Masters Townsville (Please note your name on you payment)
"Ask not what your club can do for you, but ask what you can do for your club." Does that sound familiar Jonny Freeman? Yes it does..
Any questions please email or call.
AFL Masters Townsville