PROPOSED 2020 WOMEN’S FOOTBALL PROGRAM
South Croydon Football Club women's side is playing in the Division One Grand Final in just its second year of football. So in 2020 we want to double the number of women playing footy for the Bulldogs!
Next year we're eager to have TWO South Croydon women's teams: our senior team will aim to play in Premier division, with a development team to slot into the division that best fits. Having two teams will enable those with different skill levels to train together and all run out under the Bulldogs banner.
Going from zero women's teams to two in the space of three years is a big undertaking for the club. The South Croydon Football Club community is the club's biggest asset, and we need your help!
To help lead this program we are seeking someone to fill the following key volunteer position:
> Women's Football Development Manager.
Similar to the Football Manger role for the Men's program, we are looking for someone to take responsibility for the continued development and growth of our Women's football program. Whilst the full job description requires some fine tuning, this person will be ultimately responsible for the overall program, including:
• Selection of suitable coaching panel candidates (Head Coach, Assistants and support staff) to ensure the continued success and improvement in our playing group, and making recruitment recommendations to Club Committee
• Ongoing support to the Coaching team and conduit to the Club Committee
• Assist with recruitment and retention of players
• Ensure player policies, team rules and codes of conduct are in place and adhered to
• Collaborate with EFL to establish fixtures for home games within the constraints of the various draws and ground availability
• Building close relationships with the South Croydon Junior Football club and its girls teams
We will also need:
> A senior coach
> A development team coach
> Assistant coaches
> Other volunteers to fill roles within both teams (trainers, team managers, runners etc.)
> Enough players to fill two teams. Previous playing experience is not necessary
To move forward with our strategy, expressions of interest for any of the above positions – including new players - should be directed to Steve Duke, Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0403 432 776.