CONGRATULATIONS – DANIEL ‘DANO’ KING – 250 SENIOR GAMES
Dano King plays his 250th senior game this Saturday against Montrose.
He is the 2nd player in our club’s proud history to do so.
Dano has won five senior best and fairest awards, been part of two senior premierships – one as captain where he was also best on ground.
He has won an EFL Chandler Medal, named in the EFL Div. 1 Team of The Year 4 times, is part of South Croydon’s Teams of the Decade 2000-2009 and 2010-2019 (captain).
Dano began his football with our junior club in the U10s is 1997. His commitment to South Croydon since those beginnings has never wavered, even if the opportunities to play elsewhere presented themselves.
Dano epitomises the culture that the South Croydon Football Club endears – mateship, selflessness and commitment. He has lead the club through its most successful era and will forever be remembered for what he has given our great club both on and off the field. Few have given so much for such a prolonged period.
His team mates tell us what a privilege and honour it has been to play alongside him, while the club members and supporters have been provided much joy watching Dano develop his skills and determination over a long period.
Dano King. South Croydon Football Club. 250 games.
Loyalty. Leader. Legend.
Chronological chart of Dano’s career at South Croydon Football Club.
- 1997 – U10s
- 1998 – U12s
- 1999 – U12s Best & Fairest
- 2000 – U13s Best & Fairest – Captain
- 2001 – U14s – Captain
- 2002 – U15s A Grade Premiers – Captain
- 2003 – U16s A Runners up – Captain
- 2004 – U18s Div. 3&4 Premiers – Best & Fairest – Captain
- 2005 – U18s Div. 3&4 Premiers – Co-captain. Played his first senior game against Coldstream and other senior games that year.
- SCFC Premierships: 2009 Div. 2, 2017 Div. 1
- Club Captain – 2012 to 2018
- Best & Fairest – 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018
- EFL Div. 1 Chandler Medal Best & Fairest – 2013
- EFL Div. 1 Team of the Year – 2013, 2014, 2017 (captain), 2018.
- EFL Div. 1 Premiership 2017 – Best on Ground
- Second player in club history to reach 250 senior games (Phil Mason is the record holder with 269 senior games).