UMPIRES REQUIRED FOR - CLUB AND LEAGUE
AFL Sunshine Coast Juniors are on the lookout for umpires in season 2017.
There are two options for a new umpire to come on board - either becoming a club apppointed umpire, or a league appointed umpire.
CLUB APPOINTED UMPIRES
Club Appointed Umpires are used for U10 matches across the Sunshine Coast. The features of becoming a club umpire are:
- Officiate in U10 matches
- Appointed to matches by your local club
- Training provided twice a year by AFL Sunshine Coast Juniors
- Option to train with AFLSCJ League Umpires if desired
- Minimum age is 12 years old. Male or female.
AFLSCJ LEAGUE APPOINTED UMPIRES
AFLSCJ League Appointed Umpires are utilised for all U11s, U13s, U15s, U15 Youth Girls, U17 and U18 Youth Girls matches on the Sunshine Coast. The features of becoming a league umpire are:
- Officiate in U12, U14, U16, U13 Girls, U15 and U17 Girls
- Appointed to matches by AFL Sunshine Coast Juniors
- Earn minimum $25 per game
- Training provided weekly
- Attendance at training only compulsory around once every 4-5 weeks
- Able to balance football and umpiring committments
- Access to specialised coaches who can help develop your umpiring
- All brand new umpires have access to one on one mentoring
- Access to the AFL Queensland Talented Umpire Pathway, including the AFLQ State Umpire Academy.
- Recommended age is 13 years old, turning 14 in the same calendar year. Male or female.
If you are interested in umpiring please fill out the link below: