Peter Goodburn recieves Life Membership
Oratia United's Chairman Peter Goodburn was awarded Life Membership on Sunday after a unanimous vote at the inaugural Oratia United Sports Club AGM.
We congratulate Peter on this achievment and thank him for his tireless efforts over many years.
Below is a snipit of the nomination received from club stalwart Anthony Sutton:
Peter came on board the Oratia United Executive in 2003 after a meeting was held to decide how to save the club. Prior to coming on board the exec Peter was already actively involved as a parent and a coach. After coming on board the exec, Peter has been the most active member of the board taking on the Chairman’s role in the last few years & any other role that no one else wanted to run with. Peter has been the glue that has held the club together over the years, He has been the main contact for the majority of the negotiations with all the different contractors/coaches/council/sub-committees/banks/club members, the list goes on these are probably not even half of the people he has dealt with.
1. Coach of junior teams from 1998.
2. Referee & or an official of any games that he has been requested to do, which is quite a lot from midgets all the way up to Seniors.
3. Executive Board Member 2003 – Present Day.
4. Chairman 2010 – Present Day.
5. Club Sponsorship Negotiator.
6. Club Liaison with Council regarding Grounds, Car Parks, Community Facilities, Health & Safety etc.
7. Club Spokesperson regarding Artificial Turf Usage (Numerous court appearances regarding usage disputes)
8. Chairman of Parrs park Facilities Group (Acting on behalf of the club for a full community sports complex).
9. Barman, Security Guard, Groundsman, Cleaner, After Hours Security Response, Plumbing Co-Ordinator.
Peter has been & will continue to be the most actively involved board member around the club giving up a lot of family & leisure time, as you can see from the list above, making sure he is always available for any kind of work required.