Why we love AFL & the Mighty Eels
One of my acquaintances asked "Why do you pay so much money and spend so much time running around for your kids to play sport ?" Well I have a confession to make: I don't pay for my daughters or sons footy. Or their boots, socks, shorts, mouth guards, membership fees, etc.
So, if I am not paying for sport, what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they feel like quitting but don't.
- I pay for the opportunities that my kids can have and will have to make life-long friendships.
- I pay for the chance that they may have amazing instructors that will teach them that sport is not just about a game but about life.
- I pay for my children to learn to be disciplined.
- I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be proud, supportive, kind and respectful team members.
- I pay for my children to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don't get the result that they had hoped for, or missed a pass or mark they have practiced a thousand times, but still get up and are determined to do their BEST next time...
- I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create champions, and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay so that my kids can be on a footy field instead of in front of a screen...
I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for football; I pay for the opportunities that footy provides my children to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunities to bless the lives of others.
From what I have seen for many, many years, I think it is a great investment!
Join your local AFL Club today.
Glen Wallen - President on 0414789710