Positive or it's Pointless Round
This weekend (Friday 19th – Sunday 21st July) is Positive or Its Pointless round.
The Positive or it’s pointless (POIP) campaign aims to reduce poor and unacceptable player, spectator and parent behaviour to make sport safe for all children. It is a great reminder going into the second half of the season, and for those teams going into finals, that negative match day behaviour will not be tolerated. That, its Positive or its Pointless.
You can get involved by:
Strategies for game day
Before the game
- Encourage your children to have a go, do their best and have fun!
- Tell them that you are proud of them, no matter what the outcome
- Remind them to treat every person like they would like to be treated.
During the game
- Cheer for your children and recognise good play – even if its another team member or an opponent. There are other parents watching the game too and they will appreciate your good sportsmanship
- Keep it positive, don’t criticise or give instructions from the sidelines
- Respect the decision-making of the coaches and officials.
Lets ensure junior football is a great experience for everyone, especially the kids.