Exciting Placement Opportunity - Media & Communications
The Northern Knights is seeking a Placement Student for the 2016 TAC Cup Season to assist in our Media and Communications department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wishes to earn valuable experience in a high level competition such as the TAC Cup.
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAM
The Northern Knights Football Club is part of AFL Victoria’s talented pathway program operating in the Northern Metropolitan region of Victoria. The Northern Knights field a team in the TAC Cup, a state-wide Under 18 football competition.
In addition to the TAC Cup squad, the club incorporates a Youth Academy program designed to assist in the development of footballers 15 to 16 years of age, in preparation for TAC Cup football.
Successful applicants will be required, but not limited to completing the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support to the Football Administration Officer
- Provide match day operations support (Weekends)
- Maintain the functionality and content of the Northern Knights Website
- Produce written, video and image content for the Northern Knights Social Media Platforms
- Assist in the production of PowerPoints Presentations for functions, fundraising events, etc.
- Assist in the production of the Northern Knights weekly newsletter
- Other duties as directed by the Football Administration Officer
TIMELINE & LOCATION
The placement students are required to be available for one training session a week, plus match day on the weekend. throughout the 2016 season.
The Northern Knights U18 TAC Cup Squad train from 5:00pm to 7:15pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at La Trobe University, Lower Playing Fields during the months of February & March and will have games on weekends leading up to Round 1 of the TAC Cup Season.
During April to August, the U18 Squad trains on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at Preston City Oval and have TAC Cup games on weekends which students are required to be available for. These game times can vary from the morning to the afternoon, and students may be required to travel distances across the state.
The Youth Academy Squad train on Mondays and Wednesdays between 4:45pm and 7:00pm each week and have games on weekends leading up to the April School Holidays. Games will be played in and around the Northern Metropolitan region of Victoria, but some travel to the outer suburbs may occur.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Jason De Vincentis (email@example.com).