BERALA BEARS TOUGH LOVE & NRL CODE OF CONDUCT
The Code of Conduct Rules are now even tougher!
This information contained below is specific towards Players, Coaches, Parents, Spectators and even relatives!
Very Heavy Penalties are being enforced on clubs if their officials and spectators do not adhere to the Code of Conduct Rules!
"As a Club we encourage a safe and positive environment for all our players, parents, coaches, spectators, officials and the referees! We adhere to the NRL Code of Conduct and strongly recommend that everyone connected with our club read and adopts these rules as an essential part of the way they contribute to our great game. The Berala Bears JRLFC aims to create a culture, whereby all our affiliated people show positive acts of sportsmanship, demonstrate the greatest levels of respect, lead by positive example, celebrate the “good news” stories and accept that the integrity of the sport is of paramount importance.
As such, we will be voting in our next Committee meeting to introduce measures that go above and beyond any possible Junior League sanctions. At this stage, any person that is found Guilty of a Code of Conduct breach and is suspended or banned by the Junior League will face the possibility of having any related player in our club deregistered. These sanctions are inline with our duty to uphold the integrity of the game of Rugby League.
The Berala Bears JRLFC places the safety and welfare of all of our players and officials as the top priority."
NRL CODE OF CONDUCT
IN SUMMARY :-
• Coaches, Managers, Parents and or Spectators are not to enter the Field of Play at ANYTIME!
• Parents and or Spectators are not to enter inside roped or boundary type fencing around the field.
• Condemn all violent or illegal acts, whether they are by players, coaches, officials, parents or spectators.
• Respect the referee’s decisions – don’t complain or argue about decisions during or after a game.
• Behave! Unsportsmanlike language, harassment or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
• Encourage players to play by the rules and to respect opposition players and officials.
• Never ridicule or scorn a player for making a mistake – respect their efforts.
• Understand sport is part of a total life experience, and the benefits of involvement go far beyond the final score of a game.
• Participate in positive cheering that encourages the players in the team you are supporting; do not engage in any cheering that taunts or intimidates opponents, their fans or officials.
• Remember that children participate in Rugby League for their own enjoyment, not yours!
• At all times, follow the directions of the Ground Manager and/or other duty officials.
• If other clubs Parents, Players and or Supporters behave poorly... So be it, because "WE DON'T!"
• Do not arrive at a Junior League game under the influence of alcohol, never bring alcohol to a Junior League game.
SANCTIONS & SUSPENSIONS:-
• Suspensions include any persons found guilty of Code of conduct violations may be banned from attending ALL club games.
• If this suspension is not adhered to the club and or team will forfeit their current Match whilst the spectator is present.
• In the event the match has been forfeited the offender, club and relation to offender will be asked to appear before another Code of Coduct hearing of which further sanctions and or fines will be imposed.
• At the Clubs Executive discretion any relation of the offender whether it be son, Nephew, Cousin,
Grandson etc may be deregistered as a player with Berala Bears.
• In addition Tough Love & Code of Conduct offenders will also be asked to appear before the Berala Bears Tough Love Committee of which further sanctions and or penalties may be imposed including Community Service or expulsion from the Club.
Should any club members have any questions in regards to this information please contact our club President Hassan Kowaider on 0408 616 495.