Behaviour at Sydney Combined Competition matches
It is with extreme disappointment that we, as Stakeholders of the Sydney Combined Competition (SCC) write to you to express our displeasure at the way a minority of players, parents, coaches and officials and indeed clubs have behaved on and off the field in recent weeks. These people are ruining our game for the vast majority.
Quite frankly, we have had enough; if you cannot go to a game of Rugby League and enjoy the game for what it is, then you should find another sport.
The SCC operates under the NRL Code of Conduct. Under this Code, clubs are deemed accountable for the actions of their players, parents, spectators, coaches, trainers and officials.
This correspondence will serve as notice that Clubs will now be scrutinised under the NRL Code of Conduct, and stiff fines and penalties will be imposed on those Clubs who do breach the Code.
* A zero tolerance policy has been adopted by the SCC Code of Conduct Review Panel and leniency will not apply for any violation of the NRL Code of Conduct.
* Teams and Clubs may be suspended and/or disqualified from our Competitions for serious breaches.
* Coaches and Trainers may forfeit their Accreditation if found guilty of serious breaches
The Stakeholders are appealing for your help to stamp out unsocial behaviour from our game. The majority of people are hardworking volunteers who give their all to get the kids on the field. Please spread the word:
* Spectators are NOT permitted to enter the playing area regardless of what is happening on the field
* There is NO room in our game for players who want nothing but to pick a fight
* Coaches DO NOT have the right to belittle opposition players OR their own players.
* Trainers are bound by NRL Rules for Trainers and must abide by them
* Referees officiate to the very best of their ability. Young and New Referees are simply walking away from the game ... do you berate your own children for making a simple error?
It is the responsibility of ALL to ensure our game is played and watched with a strong spirit of sportsmanship.
Consider this message as a final warning that ALL Clubs and their members will be held fully accountable.
Yours in Sport,
Stuart Stanton - NSWRL
On behalf of SCC Management Committee
Cathy Crowe - St George
Luke Curry - South Sydney
Julie Luke - Western Suburbs
Kevin Shanahan - Canterbury-Bankstown
Jennie Webster - Balmain District