IMPORTANCE NOTICE ABOUT THE DRAW
- All Grounds would need to be available every weekend. This would be 6 venues open every weekend
- Clubs to have similar number of teams and divisions to create a realistic Draw every week
- Enough Referees to cover not only the 6 venues but the number of fields where rugby league is played. For instance, some Clubs have 3 fields which require referees on every field as opposed to a club who has 1 field only and splits the main field into mini fields in the morning
- Some Councils are stricter with access to grounds during wet weather so some clubs who are in the same council area, cannot have home rounds on the same weekend as this would necessitate a whole round being lost if the grounds were closed.
- Balmain has an arrangement with Canterbury Bankstown, St George, Sydney Roosters, South Sydney and Western Suburbs to play international games to enable competitions to take place in our districts for players of all abilities from age 13 through to A Grade. There is NO possible way that any team will be able to play home one week and away the next. The important thing to remember is the integrity of the competition and have the grades available allow elite rugby league, intermediate to strong rugby league and the kids who just want to play park footy with their mates.
For the above reasons Balmain District does not and cannot play on a home and away basis.
The software used to prepare Draws shows headings "home and away" which we cannot change and all Clubs are urged to remind their members that they will not play a home and away style competition in this District until all clubs have similar number of teams and divisions, sufficient referees to cover the fields and access to all venues every week.