This is just a quick newsletter to mainly thank all who were involved & attended the Puma Adult Trivia/Disco last Saturday. PUMA FRIIS PLAYS FOR SUNS
But before we get into that best we report that another one of our own played for the Gold Coast SUNS reserves a few weeks back. Congrats to Puma Senior Player Greg Friis who was voted best on ground for the Suns. Well earnt Greg! TRIVIA NIGHT RAP
We promised a fun night & from the feedback received & the laughter on the night we definitely delivered. The clubhouse was packed & there were reps & friends from nearly every Puma team in attendance (Master/Senior to all juniors teams). The whole club came together as one & awesome interactive time was had by all. HIGHLIGHTS: *
The costumes: We had, Superman, Kiss, Batman, Catwoman, Wayne & Garth, Sister Act Nuns, Telly Tubbies, Martians, Hulk Hogan, Mr T, Madonna, Men in Black, Police, Vampires, Indiana Jones...etc
* The Games & Bribes raised over $400
* Simmos spruiking & firing up the crowd. His top 10 top selling artists/bands & video soundtracks had everyone interacting & screaming/singing/dancing along.
* Mark Kennedy (Gene Simmons) dancing solo along to the John Travolta dancing video tribute.
* The dance off between the 2 groups of Village People all doing the YMCA
* Simmo doing a Freddy Mercury & warming up the crowd before they burst into the Queen classics "We will Rock You" & "Bohemian Rhapsody"
* The excellent meal that Janette & Leanne organised.
* The stupid interactive questions that made teams discuss & laugh. Yes Simmo did lose Round 2 question 5 to 12 sheet which added to the jovial calamity. People said the questions were hard but most teams actually talked them out & got them correct
* The table dancing
* The impulsive yelling out of answers
* The dance floor was packed all night
* Continual Photo Bombing with senior Greg Friis appearing in most photos. Also a couple of shining moon shaped objects can be seen in the background of some never to be publicly published photos.
* The photo booth took some ripper photos
* On the night it seemed there were no groups. All parent & seniors interacted together & were just one big "Puma family who had all come to party!" THE WINNERS:
To be honest it really didnt matter if there was a winner or not. All were just out to have a great night & help fund-raise for the club. However, for the record by some suspicious near miracle, it was a 4 way tie at the end. The tie breaker was announced & the U16 group magically answered almost immediately. Rumor is there may have been a sizable bribe/club donation involved! (Thanks Mark) BEST DRESSED:
* Most enthusiastic - Mark Kennedy
* U16 Dad Damo took the male honor with Tele-tubbie Adrian (Bear) Wallin a close Runner Up
* Best dressed lady went to the crazy Indian Squaw THANKS:
We have to thank Springwood Wellness Clinic www.springwoodwellnesscentre.com.au
for supplying massage vouchers as prizes. U16 dad Shane for donating some wine. Leanne & Janette for organising the meal & decorating. Simmo for the promotion, quiz & entertainment & also thanks to the dads who helped set up the room. Most importantly but, a MASSIVE THANKS to all Pumas that brought themselves & many extra friends along. All enjoyed yet another ripper quiz night. TRIVIA NIGHT PICTURES:
Please visit & like our facebook page "Springwood Pumas Junior & Youth
" If you do not have Facebook go to our website photo gallery: https://www.springwood.aflq.com.au
(Last tab on top RH Menu Bar) KIDS DISCO THIS FRIDAY:
Now its the kids turn to party. There is a Junior/Youth Family Disco this Friday 15-08-14... 6 to 8pm. Its only $5 @ the door. Entertainment by pro kids DJ, Games & prizes to be won. All are welcome so bring the entire family & friends. FINALS NEWS
All Puma age groups are in the finals. Seniors & Reserves are both undefeated on top. The U18s have done brilliantly so far & are now in the top combined conference finals. U16s, U14s & U12s are all finals bound. Please show your support & come along support & watch all our Puma teams in finals action. HOME FINALS - Volunteers Needed!
There will be Youth Finals played @ home on Sunday 24/08/14 & Senior Finals on Saturday 30/08/14. Volunteers will be needed so if you can help out with a short or long shift just reply to this email. GRANT NEWS
We recently submitted grant applications for an Oval resurface & for repairs to the clubhouse roof/ceiling. Good news is we have received the roof grant & the Oval grant is still pending. Keep crossing your fingers everyone!
Gotta Love this Club