WINTER 2018 SEASON runs during school term 2 and 3. Fixtures will be released online mid April. The Willetton Stadium tries to place game times of each grade as close as possible to the last season but there are no guarantees that this will happen.
PLAYERS ARE REQUIED TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE SEASON BY SATURDAY 10 MARCH 5PM. AFTER THIS DATE TEAMS WILL BE FINALISED AND NOMINATED BY THE PUMA CLUB INTO THE NEXT SEASON.
SEASON FEES $230 can be found on the Fees, payments and refunds tab above. Please contact the PUMA contact (details at the bottom of this information) if your family is experiencing difficulty with the payment.
The age eligibility details for the Winter 2018 season is the sme s it was for Summer 17/18.
Age Group...........Predominantly for............................. Oldest DOB....Youngest DOB
Under 8s..............Year 1s and 2s (in 2018)................... 1-Jul-2010......30-Jun-2012
Under 10s............Year 3s and 4s (in 2018)................... 1-Jul-2008......30-Jun-2011
Under 12s............Year 5s and 6s (in 2018)................... 1-Jul-2006......30-Jun-2009
Under 14s............Year 7s and 8s (in 2018)................... 1-Jul-2004......30-Jun-2007
Under 16s............Year 9s and 10s (in 2018)................. 1-Jul-2002......30-Jun-2006
Under 18s.boys...Year 11s and 12s (in 2018)................ 1-Jul-2000......30-Jun-2004
Under 18s.girls...Year 9s, 10s, 11s and 12s (in 2018)... 1-Jul-2000......30-Jun-2004
All school years in the above table refer to the child's school year in 2018 (i.e. the year the season ends). Please note any reference to school years is a guide and the actual by-law refers to the players date of birth.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PUMA PLAYERS/FAMILIES
1. YOU ARE REGISTERING TO A CLUB AND NOT TO A TEAM.
2. For returning Summer 2017/18 players - players will be placed in a team / grade which is as close as possible to their skill and development level. Placement will be based on the player's playing history in the Summer Season 17/18 and the other available players in the age group.
The grade nominated by the PUMA Club may be changed at the Junior Committee Grading Meeting. PUMA nominate without knowing the nominations of the other clubs. This information is known at the grading meeting. Each club has a representative at the meeting and a vote.
There is no regrading by the association after the season start in 12s and up grades. Regrading can cause issues with competition court grids and competition ladders. 8s and 10s have mini competitions through the season where grading can occur but the court grid still requires careful changes and there are no ladders.
3. For new players – any player who did not play Summer 2017/18 for PUMA. Players will be nominated in a team/grade based on any previous basketball experience.
4. Training, Games and Fill In Players - after the Junior Committee grading meeting in early April the competition grid will be created. After this has been done the available training courts at Willetton Stadium, ASC and Striker Leeming will be allocated to the clubs. PUMA will also have booked other outside venues for training.
PUMA will try to allocate training half courts to our teams. Every effort will be made to allocate the same court as the teams had in Summer 17/18 but this is not always possible. Sometimes the courts available do not match the specific requirements of a team. Please advise if a team decides to find their own court. Please contact the club contact if your team decides to take this option. The cost of training courts is shared by all players in their season fees.
Training and attendance at games is compulsory when a team trains or plays. Please advise / discuss with your team Coach and or Manager if you will not be at a game or training. Please advise your Coach and or Manager asap if you will be unable to play a game so that they can organise a fill in player. Coaches and or Managers are asked to arrange an eligible fill in. if in doubt or if you require clarification or confirmation please contact the PUMA contact or age coordinator. There is no additional game fee if a player plays as a fill in for another PUMA team.
5. Players can play up a grade in 12s and above 4 times if they are age eligible and Representative Player appropriate. Players cannot play down or across a grade in 12s and up grades. On the 5th game up without Junior Committee approval through the PUMA contact the player will be deemed under the Competition ByLaws to be an illegal player on the 5th and any further games played without approval. 8s and10s Modified Rules are in place in addition to the Competition ByLaws and can be found on the Willetton Tigers Website. The Competition ByLaws and Modified Rules can change from season to season.
6. Uniforms - Willetton Junior Competition Domestic black shorts are compulsory and can be purchased $27 from the stadium offices upstairs court 1. Playing tops are supplied each season on loan as part of your season fees. Players must be in full uniform at games or the Referees will enforce an out of uniform 5 point penalty per player. Fill In Players must wear the same style and colour top as the team they are filling in for.
7. PUMA Families/Players are required to respect the competition officials. The team Coach is to discuss any grievance with the game Referees at the appropriate time during a game. If the Coach continues to be dissatisfied then he or she can approach or ask the team Manager to approach the Referee Supervisors who wear green shirts with the word Supervisor on the back for assistance.The Duty Manager at Willetton Stadium can also be asked for assistance. Please contact the PUMA contact with any concerns.
8. Players, Families, Spectators and Volunteers are expected to display good sportmanship before, during and after games. Any behaviour that is not showing good sportsmanship at and on the courts or through social media etc cannot be tolerated.
PUMA families/players are asked to take the time to thank and respect the volunteer Coaches, Managers and Coordinators who work hard to get the players on the courts each week.
9. PUMA BASKETBALL CLUB
10. If, you are willing to assist the club please email the club on the email contact to advise where you may be able to assist or to request what the roles requires. Volunteers are always needed. Your help would be appreciated.
Puma urgently require more Age Coordinators.
Families are asked to be prepared to have an adult scorer at each game - Managers will provide a scoring roster. The scorer is to work with the opposition scorer to keep the game score. The electronic scoring device score will stand at the end of the game. Unless agreed to otherwise by both scorers then the scorer from the team listed second on the fixtures should complete the electronic scoring device.
The Puma Basketball Club hopes all players and their families/spectators enjoy playing and watching the sport of basketball in the winter season.