2020 WINTER SEASON runs during school term 2 and 3. Fixtures will be released online mid April. The Willetton Stadium tries to place game times of each grade as close as possible to the last season times but there are no guarantees that this will happen. The game grid is finalised after nominations close and the grading meeting.
PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE SEASON BY 14th March 2020. After this date the Willetton Stadium requires that all clubs finalise their teams and nominate them into the Winter Competitions.
PUMA SEASON FEES $240 can be found on the Fees, payments and refunds tab above. Please contact PUMA if your family is experiencing any difficulty with the payment.
AGE ELIGIBILITY details for the 2020 Winter season are the same as it was for 2019/2020 Summer season.
|Age Group||Predominately For...||Who Can Play Up||Oldest DOB||Youngest DOB|
|Under 8s||Year 1s & 2s (in 2020)||No One||1 July 2012||30 June 2014|
|Under 10s||Year 3s & 4s (in 2020)||Year 2s||1 July 2010||30 June 2013|
|Under 12s||Year 5s & 6s (in 2020)||Year 4s||1 July 2008||30 June 2011|
|Under 14s||Year 7s & 8s (in 2020)||Year 6s||1 July 2006||30 June 2009|
|Under 16s||Year 9s & 10s (in 2020)||Year 7s & 8s||1 July 2004||30 June 2008|
|Under 18s Boys||Year 11s & 12s (in 2020)||Year 9s & 10s||1 July 2002||30 June 2006|
|Under 18s Girls
(16s & 18's)
|Year 9s, 10s, 11s & 12s
|No One||1 July 2002||30 June 2006
All school years in the above table refer to the child's school year in 2020 (i.e. the year the season ends). Please note any reference to school years is a guide and the actual by-law refers to the players date of birth.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PUMA PLAYERS/FAMILIES
1. YOU ARE REGISTERING TO A CLUB AND NOT TO A TEAM.
2. For returning 2019/2020 Summer players
Players will be placed in a team / grade which is as close as possible to their skill and development level. Placement will be based on the player's playing history in the 2019/2020 Summer and the other available players in the age group who may or may not have a playing history.
The grade nominated by the PUMA Club may be changed at the Junior Committee Grading Meeting. PUMA nominate without knowing the nominations of the other clubs. This information is known at the grading meeting. Each domestic junior club has a representative at the meeting and a vote.
3. New players
Any player who did not play 2019/2020 Summer for PUMA. Players will be nominated in a team/grade based on any previous basketball experience and where positions are available.
4. Limited regrading of teams after the season has commenced
There is limited regrading by the Junior Sub Committee after the season start in 12s and up grades. Regrading can cause issues with competition court grids and competition ladders. 8s and 10s have mini competitions through the season where grading can occur but the court grid still requires careful changes. It is easier than the 12s and up grades because there are no ladders in 8s and 10s.
Payers cannot be regraded from their registered team after grading without the approval of the Junior Committee. Approval to be requested by PUMA.
5. Training, Games and Fill In Players
- after the Junior Sub Committee grading meeting in early April the competition grid will be created. After this has been done the available training courts at Willetton Stadium, ASC, Kennedy and Striker Leeming will be allocated to the clubs. PUMA will also have booked other outside venues for training.
- PUMA will try to allocate training half courts to our teams. Every effort will be made to allocate the same court as the teams had in Summer 18/19 but this is not always possible. Sometimes the courts available do not match the specific requirements of a team. Please advise if a team decides to find their own court. The cost of training courts is shared by all players in their season fees.
- Training and attendance at games is compulsory when a team trains or plays. Please advise / discuss with your team Coach and or Manager if you will not be at a game or training. Please advise your Coach and or Manager asap if you will be unable to play a game so that they can organise a fill in player. Coaches and or Managers are asked to arrange an eligible fill in. if in doubt or if you require clarification or confirmation please contact the PUMA contact or age coordinator. There is no additional game fee if a player plays as a fill in for another PUMA team.
- Players can play up a grade in 12s and above 4 times if they are age eligible and Representative Player appropriate. Players cannot play down or across a grade in 12s and up grades. On the 5th game up without Junior Committee approval through the PUMA contact the player will be deemed under the Competition ByLaws to be an illegal player on the 5th and any further games played without approval.
- 8s and10s Modified Rules are in place in addition to the Competition ByLaws and can be found on the Willetton Tigers Website. The Competition ByLaws and Modified Rules can change from season to season.
6. Uniforms - club colours gold, black with white and grey trim
Willetton Junior Competition Domestic black shorts are compulsory and can be purchased $27 from the Willetton Stadium offices upstairs court 1. Playing tops are supplied each season on loan as part of your season fees. Players must be in full uniform at games or the Referees will enforce an out of uniform 5 point penalty per player. Fill In Players must wear the same style and colour top as the team they are filling in for.
7. PUMA Families/Players are required to respect the competition officials and opposition clubs/teams
The team Coach is to discuss any grievance with the game Referees at the appropriate time during a game. If the Coach continues to be dissatisfied then he or she can approach or ask the team Manager to approach the Referee Supervisors who wear green shirts with the word Supervisor on the back for assistance.The Duty Manager at Willetton Stadium can also be asked for assistance. Please contact the PUMA contact with any concerns.
Players, Families, Spectators and Volunteers are expected to display good sportmanship before, during and after games. Any behaviour that is not showing good sportsmanship at and on the courts or through social media etc cannot be tolerated.
PUMA families/players are asked to take the time to thank and respect the volunteer Coaches, Managers and Coordinators who work hard to get the players on the courts each week.
If, you are willing to assist the club please advise where you may be able to assist or make contact to ask where you could help. Volunteers are always needed. Your help would be appreciated.
Families are asked to be prepared to have an adult scorer at each game. Managers will provide a scoring roster. The scorer is to work with the opposition scorer to keep the game score. The electronic scoring device score will stand at the end of the game. Unless agreed to otherwise by both scorers then the scorer from the team listed second on the fixtures should complete the electronic scoring device.
10. Contact PUMA BASKETBALL CLUB
Puma Basketball Club
The Puma Basketball Club hopes all players and their families/spectators enjoy playing and watching the sport of basketball in the winter season.