Subscribe to our mailing list
It is with great pleasure that the Mooroolbark Football Club committee can announce that Heath Black has been appointed as senior coach for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
Heath comes with a wealth of experience both as player and coach and just a
brief summary of his achievements are as follows:
- 192 senior AFL games with Fremantle & St Kilda|
- Between 1997 to 2001 he played 69 games with Fremantle and was runner up best & fairest in 2001
- Between 2002 to 2004 he played 54 games with St Kilda and was part of the leadership group between 2003 to 2004
- He returned to Fremantle in 2005, accumulating another 69 games before retiring in 2008
- He also represented Australia in the International Rules Series in 2005 against Ireland
- In 2010 he coached Harvey Brunswick Club to a senior premiership in the South West Football league in Western Australia
- Heath was a senior playing assistant coach at Vermont in 2012
- For the past 2 seasons he has been the senior coach at Narre Warren with a semi-final appearance in 2016 and a grand final appearance this year
The club believes that with what Paris has done over the previous four years in getting the senior group to a level where we are knocking at the door of achieving that elusive Division 2 premiership, we needed to engage the right coach, to not only continue the great work that Paris has done, but to bring new ideas into the club and take the playing group to another level of professionalism and skill.
We are excited at the appointment of Heath and there will be a ‘Meet the Coach’ night next Friday, October 6 at the clubrooms from 6pm. We encourage all of the playing group to attend, along with anyone else
who wishes to come as Heath will talk about his plans for next year and also answer any questions that are thrown at him. The reserves and U19s positions will be announced in the coming weeks.