30 Years of Friars Footy
The committee is working on a number of initiatives to commemorate the milestone. In order to run those initiatives we will need engagement and support, so any ex-players and supporters who can spare any amount of time will be much appreciated
30 Year Initiatives
- First Home Game Lunch – Kicking the home season off in style. Our first home game is on Saturday April 16 against Therry Penola. Further details to come.
- Web site and social media – The Friars digital presence has been enhanced over the last couple of years with the Facebook Page and Twitter accounts. However the web site is ready for a spark up and we are looking for any digitally talented Friars who may be able to assist in this project.
- Thursday Premiership Night – The club has tasted the ultimate success 12 times over the journey. We will be designating 12 selection nights for members of each of these teams to provide a brief recount of their success to the current playing group before sharing a few other achievements over a couple of refreshments.
- Top 10 Friar Moments – The logistics are still to be decided, however we will be looking to define the top ten moments in Friar Folklore. Timing and presentation will be important but also looking for any will judges or coordinators to assist. More news will be coming soon.
- Archiving – Rumours are strong that there are Friars that have stowed and horded photos, videos, newsletters, records and even a few copies of the legendary Whiteliar. We are looking gather and record all of those item and digitise them where possible. Of course as part of this getting this done a couple of willing archivists would be handy.
- Past Players and Supporters Association – Well over 1000 players have stormed through those swinging doors that once graced the Governor Hotham Hotel – but now form the entry to the Mark Bateman rooms. We are in contact with many, but there are many we have lost touch with. The clubs desire is to reconnect with as many of those past players, supporters and their families. Anyone who can assist in finding the lost Friars please contact Sal Ciardulli firstname.lastname@example.org 551 230.