Support the Friars in Supporting East Timor
Whitefriars and the Carmelites have built a relationship with communities of East Timor, have decided to send over a container of donated items for the less fortunate communities over there. With the container almost half full, they have asked the Football Club to assist and contribute to the cause.
With the container to be collected on Monday 27th July, the club will be holding a collection day on SATURDAY 25th JULY, which so happens to be a big triple header day for the club. Donations can be found all around the house, and helping with items would be greatly appreciated on a big day where all teams get behind each other.
Here is a list of recommended items that would be greatly appreciated: (All goods need to be in sound working order)
1. Clothing. Small-med adult sizes (Casual to Semi-Formal) right down to baby clothes….laundered. Shoes all types.
2. Educational Resources, Readers, Times Tables Posters, English words posters, Dictionaries, Picture Books, Board games, Chess sets, Calculators that work
3. Musical Instruments…especially drum kits, guitars, electric keyboards, recorders
4. Gardening tools or handyman hand tools, rakes, brooms, mattocks, crow bars, shovels, wheel barrows, any power tools that still work.
5. Builder’s plastic on a roll, plastic tarps, boxes of nails/ screws, shade cloth, rolls of fly wire.
6. Any in date Medical supplies, Pharmacy products, cloth nappies, baby products and lotions.
7. Cooking utensils, pots, pans, Tupperware, cutlery, crockery
8. Solid Timber Furniture in good condition, book cases
9. Stationery items
10. Sports equipment
ONE MAN’S JUNK IS ANOTHER MAN’S TREASURE! Items from unused golf clubs to an old pair of shoes will go a long way, as these could make a huge difference to the people in East Timor.
This is a great incentive and opportunity for us as a club to support the school and strengthen our relationship which will continue to benefit us in the future.
Ben Tatterson (Under 19 Player)