CODE OF CONDUCT
as supplied by Balmain JRLFC on 17th August 2004
1. All persons attending matches controlled by the League do so with the permission and licence of the League and not otherwise.
2. At the time of registration or some other time, all carers of players, coaches, trainers and other person, are to be handed a copy of this Code.
3. All such carers, coaches, trainers and other persons must agree to be bound by this Code prior to acceptance of registration of their child or themselves.
4. No person attending a match controlled by the League shall
(a) Use of offensive or obscene language to any player, referee, touch judge, official or another spectator.
(b) Enter the field of play during the course of a match without prior approval of the Ground Manager appointed by the League.
(c) Dispute the decision of a referee or touch judge.
(d) Assault or act with aggression to any other person.
(e) Behave in any way contrary to the spirit of the game.
(f) Behave in any way, which disturbs the enjoyment of the match by any other person or brings discredit to the League.
(g) Act in such a way as to exhibit racial intolerance by language or conduct to any other person.
(h) Refuse to accept the reasonable direction of Ground Manager or Official of the League or of the Club, which that person is supporting.
5. The Ground Manager may report any person-contravening Rule 4 of this Code to the Manager of the team, which that person is supporting.
6. Upon receiving a report from the Ground Manager, the Team Manager must draw the attention of the offending person to this Code.
7. The Ground Manager must note on the back of the team sheet the time of and nature of his report to the Team Manager.
8. In the event that the offending person does not desist from the offending conduct, such person will be asked by the Ground Manager to leave the ground immediately.
9. The request to leave the ground and time thereof must be noted by the Ground Manager on the back of the team sheet.
10. In the event that a person refuses to obey the direction of the Ground Manager, he may direct the Referee to terminate the match.
11. In the event that the match is so terminated, the fact will be reported to the League which may at its absolute discretion, against which there will be no appeal, award points for the match to the team other than that which the offender is supporting or declare that neither side will receive any points for the match.
12. (a) If the Ground Manager cannot identify a particular person who is contravening Rule 4
(b) More than one person associated with a team is contravening or has contravened Rule 4
The Ground Manager may report that behaviour to the Manager of the team, which that person or persons are supporting.
12.1 Upon receiving a report from the Ground Manager, the Team Manager must draw the attention of this Code, to the supporters of that team.
12.2 The Ground Manager must note on the back of the team sheet the time of and nature of his report to the Team Manager.
12.3 In the event that the offending person or persons do not desist from the offending conduct, the Ground Manager may direct the Team Manager to request the offending person or persons to leave the ground.
12.4 The request to leave the ground and time thereof must be noted by the Ground Manager on the back of the team sheet.
12.5 If the offending person or persons do not leave the ground, or if the Team Manager does not follow a direction made by the Ground Manager under the clause 12 - 12.5. the Ground Manager may direct the Referee to terminate the match and Rule 11 will apply.
13. Clubs are responsible for the conduct of their members, parents of players and spectators who support them.
14. Clubs, which do not exercise control over their members, parents of players or spectators may be called upon by the League to accept responsibility for such offence and the following penalties will apply:-
(a) For a First offence - a fine AND / OR
(b) The loss of competition points, AND / OR
(c) The suspension of the offender from attending future matches.
(d) For the second offence - the temporary suspension of the team AND / OR Club from the competition.
(e) For a third offence - suspension of the team AND / OR Club either for the remainder of the season or permanently.
15. Abuse to referees, touch judges or officials of the League may result in the registration of the child whose carers so offend being cancelled.
16. Where a team does not have a Team Manager at the ground, any request or direction made by the Ground Manager to any official of that team of official of that team's Club shall be regarded as a direction of the Team Manager for the purposes of this Code.
WARNING: NO GLASS BOTTLES PERMITTED AT JUNIOR LEAGUE GROUNDS.
You are reminded that the purpose of this Code is to provide you with an enjoyably and safe environment, where you are able to develop as a player, gaining personal fulfilment and satisfaction through friendly competition. ALL PLAYERS should:-
1. Play within the rules.
2. Be a good sport on and off the field.
3. Never become involved in foul play.
4. Shake hands with and thank the opposition players and officials after the match win, lose or draw.
5. Respect the Referee's decision. Leave any questions to your Captain.
6. Never use bad language
7. Never Sledge opposition players, supporters or officials.
8. Remember that winning should be strived for but only by using fair means.
9. When the game is lost we must be good sports.
10. Never abuse your own team mates.
11. Remember - If you do become involved in illegal or any other poor behaviour you may:-
- Be removed from the field by the coach.
- Sin binned.
- Sent off.
- Face Judiciary and Suspension.
- And you will always loose the respect of good judges. more -->