**Netball Coaches required for Season 2018-please click on Netball Coaches Link on top menu bar for more information
** All Best and Fairest Votes now published-click on link on top menu bar to view
Electronic communication is essential for sharing club news and
information with our members. Our communication will be timely,
appropriate and related to club business.
What we will do
We use a range of electronic tools to communicate with our members.
Our communication will protect members’ privacy, maintain clear
boundaries and ensure that bullying and harassment does not occur.
A webmaster will be appointed to provide accountability and control over material published on our club’s website and any club administered discussion groups or social media websites, such as Facebook, YouTube or Twitter.
* Our website will include current information on competitions, social events, committees, policies, constitution, rules and by-laws.
* No offensive content or photos will be published.
* If we intend to publish a photo of a member we will first seek
permission from them or their parent/guardian if under 18.
* We will seek feedback from members to improve the information available on the site.
SMS and email
Committee members, coaches and team managers may use SMS and email to
provide information about competition, training, club-sanctioned social events and other club business, however:
* SMS messages should be short and about club/team matters
* email communication will be used when more information is required
* We treat all social media postings, blogs, status updates and tweets as public ‘comment’.
* Postings (written, photos or videos) will be family-friendly and
feature positive club news and events.
* No personal information about our members will be disclosed without their permission.
* No statements will be made that are misleading, false or likely to injure a person’s reputation.
* No statements will be made that might bring our club into disrepute.
* Abusive, discriminatory, intimidating or offensive statements will not be tolerated.Offending posts will be removed.
Social media websites
What we ask you to do
We expect our members to conduct themselves appropriately when using
electronic communication to share information with other members or
posting material on public websites or social media sites connected to the club.
* should be restricted to club matters
* must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully another person
* must not be misleading, false or injure the reputation of another person
* should respect and maintain the privacy of members
* must not bring the club into disrepute.
Members may face disciplinary action for sending inappropriate
electronic communication or posting online content or comments that
harass, offend, intimidate or humiliate another member or official, as outlined in our member protection policy or code of conduct.
Under certain circumstances, cyber bullying (e.g. bullying that is
carried out through an internet service such as email, a chat room,
discussion group, instant messaging or website) is a criminal offence
that can be reported to the police.
In addition, members who publish false or misleading comments about
another person in the public domain(e.g.,Facebook, YouTube or Twitter
may be liable for defamation.