Parents/Guardian Code of Conduct
This code of conduct identifies the key principles that as a parent/guardian with the Cove Football Club will abide by.
This Code of Conduct also outlines the Southern Football League’s Parent/Spectator Rule Breach policy.
The Code of Conduct provides the basis for fair play and encourages fun, friendship and a safe environment for all involved.
As a parent/guardian I will:
- Encourage players to participate, not force them.
- Focus on the players efforts, not winning or losing.
- Encourage players to always play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a player for making a mistake.
- Remember players learn best by example.
- Respect the decisions of all officials and teach players to do the same.
- Recognise good performances and skilful plays by all participants.
- Not use foul language, sledge or harass players, coaches or officials.
- Support all efforts to remove all verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Congratulate all participants on their performance regardless of the outcome of the game.
- Condemn the use of violence in any form whether it is by spectators, players, coaches or officials.
- Show respect to the opposing team.
- Show respect and appreciate the efforts of volunteer coaches, officials and administrators.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
The Southern Football League promotes a positive game day environment in accordance with the Spirit of the Game and the parent/spectator code of behaviour.
Should a parent/spectator behave in a manner which breaches the Parent/Spectator Code of Conduct, the umpire will be permitted to do the following for every breach:
- Stop the game by blowing the whistle and holding up a blue card.
- The umpire will indicate the parent/spectator to both Mini League Co-ordinators.
- The incident will result in an official report to the Southern Football League.
- Following the receipt of a second breach from the same team, that team will automatically be fined $100 by the Southern Football League. The Cove Football Club WILL pass this fine onto both the offending parents/spectators.
- Failure to pay the fine may result in the possibility of your child being deemed unregistered until the fine is paid, thus not being able to play.
- If a club receives 3 BLUE CARDS from the SAME TEAM ON ANY MATCH DAY, the umpire will call off the game and the club and the parent/spectator found in breach will be required to attend the SFL Investigations committee.
- The SFL Investigations committee will review each incident. The penalties could include your team NOT being invited to participate in the end of season Mini League Carnival.
- Repeat offenders over the course of the season will have a club imposed sanction/penalty which will be determined by the Committee of the Cove Football Club. Such penalties may include written and verbal warnings, monetary fines or game day suspensions.
The Committee of the Cove Football Club views breaches of the Code of Conduct as serious, and will enforce penalties of any parent/guardian who breaches it. A Disciplinary Committee has been appointed for the 2016 season. Any player, parent or spectator that contravenes the CFC Code of Conduct may face the Disciplinary committee and face appropriate disciplinary action.