Players Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct identifies the key principles that as a player with the Cove Football Club will abide by.
The Code of Conduct provides the basis for fair play and encourages fun, friendship and a safe environment for all involved.
Parents/Guardians - Please read this in conjunction with the Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct and discuss with your child.
As a player I will:
- Respect the history of the Cove Football Club.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an Official of the game – umpire, coach or administrator.
- Control my temper at all times.
- Never verbally abuse officials or other players.
- Not provoke my opponent.
- Work equally hard for myself and my team.
- Recognise good play whether made by a team mate or opposition player.
- Treat all participants as you would like to be treated.
- Never bully or take unfair advantage of a team mate or opposition player.
- Cooperate with my coach and team mates.
- Participate for my own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Play the game in the correct spirit and respect the opposition team.
The Committee of the Cove Football Club views serious breaches of this Code of Conduct and will enforce penalties of any player/parent who breaches it.